Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cambridgeshire/East Anglia Run? Anyone?

MR2 Fan

Cambridgeshire/East Anglia Run? Anyone?

Evening all,

I keep being teased by the Lakes, Peaks, Wales, Pennines, and even Kent runs on here and I'm very jealous after seeing all the awesome photos of AW11s lined up. Trouble is, they all start at least 3 hours from me at what seems the most extreme ends of the country!

I was on my way to work the other day, part of which takes me on the B660 in Cambridgeshire - made famous by Evo magazine. It got me thinking would there be any interest for a Cambridgeshire run, or an Anglia run, or anywhere else in the area where there are good 'drivers' roads.

So, are there any of you local enough to take part? And secondly, any ideas for a good fun route would be welcome, preferably ending with a good pub.

I hope there is some interest here so we can get the ball rolling and perhaps get a more 'central run' going.

Cheers
    Dylan

Dylan, I completely sympathise with you. I suppose it's the lack of hilly terrain down south that seems to kill it, but having said that, a few twisty roads and Ye Olde pub at the end of it sounds good enough for me.

If it was positioned a little more to the west, it'll pick up a fair few members over this way an' all

Dylan, count me in!
    Just pick a sunny day

I'm in

It's true East Anglia is very flat but we should make the most of it. Still there are interesting roads to be enjoyed.

We should start brainstorming for a suitable route

MR2 Fan
    There's a few hills to be found!

I had a quick knock up on google maps. This is a couple of roads I know close to where I live, going through St Ives, and then south around St Neots, and then onto the B660 north. It's only about 2ish hours.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/52...52.4183338!3e0

I'd be interested to hear of other routes people know around the area, and then we could link them up perhaps. There's gotta be some good roads around Thetford Forest.

Nice roads from Mildenhall to Bury to Haverhill to Sudbury to Stowemarket to diss to Thetford etc etc ?

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by sTuArT View Post
    Nice roads from Mildenhall to Bury to Haverhill to Sudbury to Stowemarket to diss to Thetford etc etc ?
    I'm interested and definitely up for this.

Cheers,

Mark

Would be interested, depending on timing

yep...im interested. Ill need a bit of notice as the car is not taxed and has not been driven for 3-4 months

I'll need to get some mileage on my car before Silverstone, so depending when it is i'm interested