Thread: Hi. New here

MR2 Lurker

Hi. New here

Just thought I would introduce myself as a new forum member. I am currently looking out for a mk1 T bar to buy. I have a few classics but always promised myself one of these from the moment I set eyes on one all those years ago. A very modern classic.
    Does anyone know anything about this one?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2...item4ae8702b4a
    Its a long way from me to view.
    Mark.
    Last edited by fastblatt; 24th April 2015 at 10:29 AM.

hi and welcome . This will be a project at this price . The wings have been replaced and rear quarters painted ( rubbish job as they have painted over side trims ) dont buy until you have looked at it no mot rings alarm bell straight away and it could be a pup and a bottomless money pit .
    Last edited by mk1 dal; 23rd April 2015 at 09:54 PM.

Just don't go too cheap unless you have a lot of time and money

MR2 Lurker
    Thanks for the replies. I didnt realise that the wings had been painted. Well spotted but how do you know they have been replaced? The car is too far for me to look at as I am in London and I know at that price it can't be rust free even though the ad says no rust.
    There's not a lot about atm that fit my requirements so if any of you know of something for sale please let me know. Really bummed off I missed the blue one needing a wheel arch that was in the for sale section.
    Mark
    Last edited by fastblatt; 24th April 2015 at 10:29 AM.

MR2 Lurker
    So I have now found and bought a car. I will post the details when it arrives. Quick question. I wanted to post a question in the mechanical section of the forum but apparently I'm not allowed to. Anyone know why?
    Many thanks in advance
    Mark.

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the forums and well done on your purchase!

To gain full access to the technical sections of the forum, you need to become a full member.

This is quick and easy to do and only costs £10 per year. (You get other benefits too)

Click on 'Join the Club' at the top of the forum and purchase one of the subscriptions.

Cheers,
    Tom

MR2 Lurker
    Thanks Tom.