Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introduction - 6 months late...

Hybrid View

MR2 Newbie

Introduction - 6 months late...

Hi Everyone,

I have been a member since August 2014 but have never taken the time to introduce myself properly.

I have wanted a MK1 since i was at school and my mates dad had one in 1987.

I had been visiting the forum regularly for about 6 months and finally bought my first MK1 in September last year.

Here she is -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150423_202501.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	102.1 KB 
ID:	2544

No plans to restore at the moment just enjoy and drive during the summer months.

As I am not planning to complete any unnecessary work at the moment I fancied a project and couldn't resist the car that Ian advertised last weekend so an impulse buy late last Saturday night saw the purchase of a restoration project for the coming months -

Here she is -

Name:	MK1B.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	2545

I will no doubt asking lots of questions over the course of the restoration and look forward to meeting you on the road at some point too.

Mark

Nice one and welcome to the club!
    That mk1a looks a treat

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGBOYZJUNK View Post
    Nice one and welcome to the club!
    That mk1a looks a treat
    Thanks very much, I have been following the thread on your car - very impressed, it looks fantastic.

hi and welcome , im not a fan of the sky blue car it looks a shed what a find she looks stunning get some more pics up of it . I have a question for you , as your front bumper been painted or is it original reason for asking mine needs painting and i don't know if it should have the Toyota logo on top of the bumper . I put a logo on when i brought it but i'm not to sure it should be there on a early mk1 . Thats a very good buy and will be stunning car when finished , my first mk1 was a mica blue t bar love it .

Gary

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1 dal View Post
    hi and welcome , im not a fan of the sky blue car it looks a shed what a find she looks stunning get some more pics up of it . I have a question for you , as your front bumper been painted or is it original reason for asking mine needs painting and i don't know if it should have the Toyota logo on top of the bumper . I put a logo on when i brought it but i'm not to sure it should be there on a early mk1 . Thats a very good buy and will be stunning car when finished , my first mk1 was a mica blue t bar love it .

Gary
    Gary,

Thanks very much for the comments - I will post some more photos when i get the chance.

I thought that the lack of the Toyota logo on the front meant that it had probably been resprayed at some point. I have had a look today and am unsure if it has or not - It wouldn't be obvious to me, if there is anything that would indicate a respray let me know and I will look again.

I have been following the progress of your MK1a too and it looks great

Quote Originally Posted by mk1 dal View Post

Gary
    Hi Gary.
    I have had 3 early mk1a models and all had the toyota logo on the bumper.

What about the tucked away white one...what has that got?

Quote Originally Posted by cchrysos View Post
    Hi Gary.
    I have had 3 early mk1a models and all had the toyota logo on the bumper.

What about the tucked away white one...what has that got?
    black Toyota logo mate

Evening Mark, welcome to the club.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that your sky blue car was the one that was for sale on Gumtree for £1500 was it not? I went after it at the time and was an hour too late!

Jonathan

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistalite View Post
    Evening Mark, welcome to the club.

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that your sky blue car was the one that was for sale on Gumtree for £1500 was it not? I went after it at the time and was an hour too late!

Jonathan
    Hi Jonathan,

You are not mistaken - I knew that I would have to move quickly when I saw it advertised on Gumtree. The gentleman who sold it did say he'd had quite a bit of interest in it once we had come to a deal.

I bought the car without seeing it as it was located 560 miles away from where I live.

Hi Mark

I kept a photo of the advert to remind me and it had the same wheels, which is why I knew before you even replied.

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	2549

At least it has gone to an enthusiast, but if you ever wish to part with her then please put me first on the list!

incidentally, because I lost out on your one, I ended up buying a one owner, 28k miler T-bar to compensate, although I was and still am after an earlier version like yours.

Jonathan