Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Introduction - 6 months late...

Quote Originally Posted by cchrysos View Post
    Hi Gary.
    I have had 3 early mk1a models and all had the toyota logo on the bumper.

What about the tucked away white one...what has that got?
    black Toyota logo mate

So that puts us at 6 sky blue cars possibly left in the country and 3 running cars in the club ( the lad with the club name sky blue had his rear ended at the lights , i saw this car on a club run wales i think stunning car but now sadly dead ) . might be time to get the white car on the road and stop using the blue car on runs .

If keep the blue one going mate
    There was one other guy who bought one just over a year ago...you may remember he saw the car at his girlfriends neighbours house every day...took a chance and asked the guy to sell...and he got it for a song! It was in a very small article I a. Classic car magazine last February.
    Not seen him on here for a loooooong time but that would make it four running cars in the club.

MR2 Fan
    There's that one in the scrappy that looks like a sieve!

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistalite View Post
    Hi Mark

I kept a photo of the advert to remind me and it had the same wheels, which is why I knew before you even replied.

Attachment 2549

At least it has gone to an enthusiast, but if you ever wish to part with her then please put me first on the list!

incidentally, because I lost out on your one, I ended up buying a one owner, 28k miler T-bar to compensate, although I was and still am after an earlier version like yours.

Jonathan
    Hi Jonathan,

I noticed you updated the thread on the "28k miler" earlier tonight - that's a great car, I would love one in that condition with that kind of mileage.

I will let you know if I ever decide to sell.

Mark

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by cchrysos View Post
    Welcome Mark.

I have a sky blue one just the same as yours. A rare beast! I searched for over 3 years to find one.

I actually know of one more in Scotland but it needs a bit of welding work.
    I near
    Y bought it from a guy who has had it tucked away in his garage for year but it was too far for me to go and see as the guy was not sure he could roll it out of the garage.

I only came across 10 in this colour in the last 5 years and 3 are scrapers, one needs a repair, one was written off and four are on this forum (including yours)

Does yours need much work? Looks great.

Enjoy!
    Hi Chrys,

Thanks for the welcome.

I read the thread describing when you finally found one in this colour after searching for so long, I think most people would have given up long before..

It become quite apparent that this is a very popular colour..

Where about in Scotland was the one you thought about viewing?

"Does yours need much work?" - before I answer that I better admit that up until now my mechanic skills/experience has been servicing my own car and changing break pads and discs so when I mentioned earlier that I would be asking lots of questions I meant it.

It needs the timing belt replaced which I plan to tackle shortly
    Few issues bodywork wise that will need sorting and some of the panels could do with a respray.
    As far as structurally, it looks good to me and nothing alarming has become apparent, however, as stated I am not an expert.

I serviced it last week and will be doing a coolant system flush in the near future too.

The plan is to just drive it as it is for the moment and try and enjoy using it in the nicer weather.

Mark