Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: newbie corby northants

newbie corby northants

Hi guys and gals.

I am new to the mr2 world. I have a 2002 corolla t sport vvtli and i am hoping to px this for a good mk1. Ive got 1 lined up in surrey next weekend to view in the hope that it will become mine.

Are there any owners local to me that would be happy for me to come and have a nosey at theirs? Other than dreaming of ownership i dont really have much experience of these cars.

MR2 Fan
    Hello and welcome to the club!

I'm up the road just north of Huntingdon. Maybe a bit far for you to pop up, plus my car is in bits at the moment.

As you're in Corby get up to Rockingham next Sunday. You'll see about 30 Mk1s being raced! You can walk around the paddock and everyone is very friendly. You'll more than likely see some repairs being carried out in super fast time too!

Huntingdon is a little trek but if it wasnt in bits i would.

Ill see if im working and if not ill head down. Its less than 2 mins from my house after all. Never know. If all goes well then ill be in my own mr2! Lol

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C587360

This is the lil gem in question.
    Anyone know the car?
    Only downsides are 155k on the clock and some minor surface corrosion. Awaiting pictures of said corrosion but apparantly the service history is absolutely full from 1989 to today.

If its as the bloke says it is then theres no doubt in my mind that i will be driving it home.

Ive read plenty of guides etc on what i need to look out for and various maintenance tips. Looks easier than the corolla to keep in top shape. It will be my daily driver.

Welcome.

I'm not that far away in Daventry and you are more than welcome to come over and have a look at mine.

Thanks man thatd be cool! Ill see what happens saturday and if im still left searching then ill pop down!

Photos look good but have a proper good look for rot and signs of filler, overspray etc.
    I had an 89 t bar as a donor and it was horrendous !!!
    Hope it's a good un for you, and welcome to the club

Looks tidy , but had quite a bit of paint as no stripes or rear boot badges so needs looking at thoroughly especially round the front and rear bumpers and under valances etc where it appears to have been painted . These cars rust , so I would check up on all the key places to check whether it has been repaired following corrosion. my t bar is the same plate and colour but has had only paint on top of the screen , albeit not well done, so i am doing it properly and it has survived really well through being garaged all its life. hope its a good one , you can always put the stripes and badges back on at a later date.

Thanks people i did notice the mr2 on the tailgate is missing so was suspicious of paintwork. However on an 89 red car it might be completely innocent. The messages i seem to be getting is corrosion corrosion corrosion. I will be sure to check this out thoroughly as i do have to travel a good distance to see it (this saturday) and it will be my only car. Well.. i have a 93 micra aswell as the corolla but.... its a 93 micra.

I must remember to leave the rose tinted specs behind when i go to view. Luckily my girlfriend is coming with me and she is pretty anti mr2, especially the mk1. So any imperfections i may miss will certainly be pointed out!

Lol. You'll be in the good books then if you buy it!!

Itll grow on her!i know it. Shes worried about practicality.. but thats why im keeping the micra