Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new member but not new to the mr2

A new member but not new to the mr2

Hi for those that don't know me from the other clubs in the mr2 scene I will introduce myself, my name is Michael Jackson (no I don't dance, yes I'm still alive, I have lost all the hair of my head though) I've been into the mr2 aw11 for ages before buying my first from the bay of e for £400 a nice Sherwood tonning currently rotting on my drive beyond economical repair sadly, only done 43k on the clock, then I bought a silver one of a nice member on here which I still have after a grey ss fell through(long story) this is were the purists get annoyed, I had Woodsport fit a big 3.5 v6 2gr into her with full turbo rear suspension hubs brakes and gt4 st205 front brakes, I like to stop as well as I go fast she's had lots of mods including bigger wider wheels and interior, it's not to every ones tastes and I like all flavours of mk1 4age/agze 7age 16v 20v 2zz 3sgte 2gr I should know as I'm working my way through owning different ones lol.

So sadly the tin worm is getting worse on the silver car the front windscreen top has started leaking badly the floor I welded up last year and the rear quarters on both sides I've redone with help from friends, she's an 85 and had some body repairs probably 3 or 4 owners ago sadly they used bog in places that really needed new steel putting in, I've sorted the problems as they have arrived but after 5 years I was loosing patience I had all the mechanicals sorted but the body looked a mess, what to do answer buy another 2 mk1 a 1988 white body shell that just needed a turbo engine putting back in and a red mk1 that was missing both front wings a drivers seat and both sills needing replacing, plan for white one buy turbo engine fit turbo engine go drag racing, plan for red one welds up sills fix other bits from spares and fit the haslbeck body kit that I bought from mr Paul woods Woodsport, then move all the nice mechanicals from the silver to the red.
    Any who pics of my mk1s

Welcome to the club Mike, lots of awesome AW11 s there.

Cheers mike It's my mid life crisis hobby the other half keeps telling me at soon to be 46 she says I should stop being a 16 year old, but that's when I first saw a Helios blue mk1 go past my school and ever since wanted one.
    The red haslbeck is the first car that I've ever had re sprayed and body-kited plus sorted mechanically it's definitely going to be a keeper.

Love that car Michael and watched the progress on my regular visits to Bexhill.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtigger View Post
    Cheers mike It's my mid life crisis hobby the other half keeps telling me at soon to be 46 she says I should stop being a 16 year old, but that's when I first saw a Helios blue mk1 go past my school and ever since wanted one.
    The red haslbeck is the first car that I've ever had re sprayed and body-kited plus sorted mechanically it's definitely going to be a keeper.
    The Haslbeck is a beautiful car, you must be made up mate! Your silver car was one of the inspirations for my wide arch conversion!

I've inspired some one well there's a first for every thing, yes I'm made up with it she has her little foibles at the moment like 5th gear pop out a duff master window switch passenger side window goes down not up(the missus wasn't happy when I hit the switch by accident 73 miles from home) and no power through the fag socket so lost Tom Tom just before the m25, a defective cold idle system conversion to top that of, so been busy raiding 3 cars of worth of spares in the garage or all the best bits I may just stick mk1a trim inside but the B is growing on me

Welcome to the club, liking the arches!

What diameter are those Rota's?

Is that Rev 5 spoiler on the rear of the white one?

A new member but not new to the mr2

The current Rotas are 17x10 40 235rear and 17x7.5 40 215 fronts , the red has Veilside Andrews 7.5 I think all round but will be getting custom sized as I think it needs more dish plus when the 2gr is installed will need more rubber onto the ground, as they are spaced 30mm rear and 25 front the bc coil overs are going on next and custom tiebars droplinks mk2 turbo rear roll bar and ball joints.
    Paul woods has the moulds for the arches so no doubt they will be available soon, I and Patrick chambers aka headcase have had the haslbeck kit moulded so people can see my car and if they like it and want to buy the kit they now have the opportunity to do so
    The white I think the spoilers of a Subaru Impreza not my cuppa tea I have a big wing to replace it with and a Woodsport engine lid to go on, I've also got the Woodsport front and rear spoilers that I may fit all depends on funds as I want the haslbeck tip top show condition.
    Last edited by Snowtigger; 27th March 2015 at 02:13 PM.