Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1985 Mk1a - Metallic Beige - Retrimmed - Needs Respray - Merseyside - £1500 firm

MR2 Newbie
    Lovely looking car. Would think it is worth that and more. Don't always care for how people redo the interiors on these, but that looks pretty decent. GLWS.

I'm amazed this hasn't sold.
    Come on people! If you have viewed or enquired about this car and are looking, I really don't see a better bargain than this.

Remember, this car is one of the few that will be 30 this year too.

It's a beauty, but it's also pretty individual and not a bog-standard fixer-upper. Cars like that take a bit longer to find a buyer, but whoever does buy it will be very happy. The interior is very special.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles27 View Post
    It's a beauty, but it's also pretty individual and not a bog-standard fixer-upper. Cars like that take a bit longer to find a buyer, but whoever does buy it will be very happy. The interior is very special.
    It does make me laugh really that this car hasn't gone , the inertia alone would cost the best part of a grand and i know what Kris has spent on this car and its more than 1500 pounds on servicing and parts and to me at the end of the day its only 2 weeks wages for a classic sports car its nothing for the amount off fun you can have in them . i would buy the car in a flash ( its not rust or corrosion effecting certain areas of the paint work ) but I'd know i would be ripping a good mate off hence i haven't brought it , the price is far to cheap mate .
    Gary
    Last edited by mk1 dal; 8th March 2015 at 01:54 AM.

Yep. I've spent thousands on it over the last 5 years, probably knocking on the door of £10k all told. Weirdly the blistering isnt as bad today. It's disappeared completely in some areas and not as prominent where it is still visible. I think the warm weather today has influenced it somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by KGB603 View Post
    Yep. I've spent thousands on it over the last 5 years, probably knocking on the door of £10k all told. Weirdly the blistering isnt as bad today. It's disappeared completely in some areas and not as prominent where it is still visible. I think the warm weather today has influenced it somehow...
    Its the cold garage effecting it mate a blast in a oven would cure most of it , its done it in the past and come show season ( warmer weather ) there is no blistering on the paint work .i would keep it for the money its up for its not worth selling , its worth more broke I'm afraid to say .
    Last edited by mk1 dal; 8th March 2015 at 01:55 AM.

MR2 Newbie
    Great pics. Better representation of it now I think. But even so can't believe it hasn't sold yet. Considering how prices seem to have been on the rise over there lately makes it even more mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by Picaro View Post
    Great pics. Better representation of it now I think. But even so can't believe it hasn't sold yet. Considering how prices seem to have been on the rise over there lately makes it even more mysterious.
    Cheers. Would have taken them sooner but generally rubbish weather meant it wasn't possible...

Hello!,
    Good luck with the sale remember it been a lovely car! Wish I had the money I still miss my black MR2 since selling her last summer Me and dad met you a few years back at Tatton Park, still have a few photos of the two '2's at the time. Wish I still had it, but she needed a bit of work and I just didn't have the money at the time (still have a TR7 engine powered Triumph Dolomite that's eating up my money)

https://flic.kr/p/9Z7rRG

Thanks
    Jack!
    Last edited by Jak_01; 10th March 2015 at 08:59 PM.

Hi Jack, good to hear from you. It's still a lovely car! I had the Toyota GB press office interested in it, but they decided beige doesn't pop :-I