Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverstone Classic 2015 - 24th to 26th July - Club Event of the Year!

What a great weekend! It was lovely, as always, to spend time with you lovely lot. Thank you particularly to Graham for his pan and for making Dad and his friend feel so at hone, to Bill and Ken for their stirling work on the stand, and, of course to my Tom for pestering you all to come and sorting the organisation of it all - I feel very proud of you

I hope plenty of you are converted and will be signing up for next year and I promise to try and arrange our honeymoon around it so that we can be there too!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

MR2 Newbie
    Have now made it part of the way home to Dublin - stopping overnight in Birmingham before catching ferry tomorrow - and thankfully it has stopped raining!

Now I thought we had a lot of rain in Ireland, but you guys in the UK win the prize - don't think I've ever seen so much non-stop rain before!

However despite the slightly inclement weather, I had an absolutely fantastic weekend. It was really great to meet so many club members and put faces to the names, and I must say both myself and my wife Fran felt very welcome indeed. Huge thanks to Tom for organising everything, and meeting me outside early on Friday morning to collect my tickets. Thanks to Bill as well for coordinating the parking on the stand and the parade lap.

And what can I say about the parade lap..... it was just awesome! Not something I'll forget for a long time (especially giving it the full beans down the start finish straight). Can we do this every year?!!!!

It's safe to say I will be well up for coming back over next year - looking forward to seeing you all again then!

I had a great day and was very envious of all who did the parade lap!

Some photos of the parade lap from the stands .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_2170.jpg   DSC_2172.jpg   DSC_2178.jpg   DSC_2185.jpg  

Now I've got some wifi (or whiffy if you're French!) I'm just going to dump a load more photos from the parade lap here!

Going through Maggots & Becketts as a passenger was awesome even at low speed, it must be mind blowing at full pelt!

Enjoy.

Bonus image:

Mind the reflection from the back of Gary's head!!

MR2 Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by KGB603 View Post
    That is an awesome photo of me on the kerbs!!! Do you have a hi-res version of it? If so could you email it to me?

I took it on my phone & uploaded direct to tapatalk. I think this is as high res as it gets I'm afraid mate :-/

MR2 Fan
    Ok here's some pictures! I took quite a lot, this isn't even all of them!

Quote Originally Posted by dylbie View Post

I love this picture!

Quote Originally Posted by celica1600gt View Post
    Some photos of the parade lap from the stands .
    Malcolm, have you got any more photos from the stand you could share with us all, please? I'll be posting my ones from on track shortly, but your ones give a great sense of the occasion from afar.

Thanks
    Jonathan