Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverstone Classic 2015 - 24th to 26th July - Club Event of the Year!

MR2 Newbie
    Hi Tom,

I am thinking of coming over to the Silverstone Classic (from Dublin), this year with my 1988 Mica Blue Supercharger.

However I have a couple of queries in relation to the logistics of the event as I have never been before.

If I come over with my car, can I park it / exhibit it on the club stand? If this is the case, then do the cars have to be on the stand for a certain time each day, and would they have to stay there overnight?

I'm asking because I may be staying at a hotel a few miles away and would therefore have to drive in and out to the circuit each day. Is this a crazy thing to do, as will there be nightmare traffic getting in and out of the circuit? I'm not certain I fancy camping to be honest.

I would probably be coming over by myself - arriving at some stage on Friday, and staying until Sunday. Are there cheaper single tickets available through the club, or would I just have to find someone else from the club who only needs one ticket and split the tickets with them?

Finally, I see that there is the possibility of taking the cars onto the track for a parade lap - is there a cost for this or do you have to register or something?

Thanks in advance for your help - sorry for all the newbie questions?!!!!

Shaner.

P.S. If there are any other ROI / NI members thinking of going over please speak up - we could organise an Irish convoy!

Right, hi all!

Apologies for the delay in replying to messages, but I've had a crazily busy last month or so.

Anyway, I've got some good news!

I'm pleased to announce that the Mk1 Club will have their anniversary parade lap during the prime Saturday lunchtime spot!

To purchase tickets, please private message me with the following information:

• Name
    • Address
    • Landline and/or Mobile Number
    • Car Registration
    • Ticket required (see table below)
    • Preferred payment method (PayPal, Bank Transfer or Cheque)

Table of ticket prices including all charges:

All of the above prices include 2 tickets plus 1 in-field car pass. Once I've received your PM, I'll reply with the appropriate payment details.

Once I've received payment, I'll order your tickets and confirm with you once that's done.

I'm waiting on an answer as to whether we can attain in-field car passes on their own for people wanting to bring two cars between two people.

It's also been announced that Paul Young will headline on Friday night, with Status Quo heading up the Saturday night music stage.

It's going to be an amazing event!

Cheers,
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Shaner View Post
    Hi Tom,

I am thinking of coming over to the Silverstone Classic (from Dublin), this year with my 1988 Mica Blue Supercharger.
    Great stuff!
    However I have a couple of queries in relation to the logistics of the event as I have never been before.

If I come over with my car, can I park it / exhibit it on the club stand? If this is the case, then do the cars have to be on the stand for a certain time each day, and would they have to stay there overnight?

I'm asking because I may be staying at a hotel a few miles away and would therefore have to drive in and out to the circuit each day. Is this a crazy thing to do, as will there be nightmare traffic getting in and out of the circuit? I'm not certain I fancy camping to be honest.
    You can leave your car on the stand overnight, which isn't a problem (I've done it in past years), but you are also free to take it to your hotel / camp site each night as well. There is a rule of no car movement until around 4pm each day.

All cars are meant to be on the stands for 10am officially, but we normally ask members to be there for 9am so that we can get the stand arranged etc. The event has grown over the past years, so the Saturday and Sunday can get busy, so I'd recommend aiming for 8:30 on those days. Friday shouldn't be as bad.
    I would probably be coming over by myself - arriving at some stage on Friday, and staying until Sunday. Are there cheaper single tickets available through the club, or would I just have to find someone else from the club who only needs one ticket and split the tickets with them?
    The offer that the club gets is 2 for 1, which is a great offer, but unfortunately we can't have half price single tickets.

Getting in touch with a member that could make use of your spare ticket is a great idea! However, the package only includes 1 car pass, so they'd have to come in your car.
    Finally, I see that there is the possibility of taking the cars onto the track for a parade lap - is there a cost for this or do you have to register or something?

Thanks in advance for your help - sorry for all the newbie questions?!!!!

Shaner.

P.S. If there are any other ROI / NI members thinking of going over please speak up - we could organise an Irish convoy!
    Yes, we've had confirmation that our parade lap will be on Saturday lunchtime, which is the prime spot!

There is no cost as this is included in your entrance ticket price and is due to it being the Mk1's 30th Anniversary and the Mk1 Club's 20th.

You'll really enjoy the event; I've never been to anything quite like it.

Please don't hesitate to ask anymore questions.

Cheers,
    Tom

£67 for one day. take me and Glyn of the list please Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by AW11mike View Post
    £67 for one day. take me and Glyn of the list please Tom.
    That's a shame Mike. The prices have been on the first page since it was first posted.

I appreciate the ticket pricing is geared towards spending at least 2 days at the event. Hopefully you'll change your mind and join us for the weekend!

I personally think it's great value if you consider all that's included: static car show, racing from 9am to 9pm, free car experiences and fun fair, live music in the evening etc.

Cheers,
    Tom

my fault for not reading it mate. just did not expect it to be that expensive! I am saving for some new wheels!

MR2 Newbie
    This will be my second time with the club to the classic, and my 4th overall, and it is one of the best classic shows to attend, and reasonably priced when you consider that Goodwood are charging £130 for the 73rd Members Meeting in March for a weekend ticket, with the except of Spa in Belgium, whose entrance is free for the Spa Summer Classic. There is really too much to see and do in the two days Saturday and Sunday but sadly cannot do any longer due to work commitments etc.

I need to get my arse in motion soon and start bringing the car out of hibernation, as not touched or even uncovered it since October!...

Are you allowed to have a passenger during the parade lap?

Quote Originally Posted by sTuArT View Post
    Are you allowed to have a passenger during the parade lap?
    Sure!

Tom, Please book me in for setting up Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
    I will be camping at the woodlands.
    Bill Hulme