Thread: new member janspeed induction

MR2 Newbie

new member jappeed induction

Hi guys im new to tbis website despite owning a silver sunroof mk1b for the last 6 years since i was 17. I have started running my mk1 again and decided to put a cheap japspeed induction kit on it for a little bit more noise on the sunday afternoons . however when trying to fit the kit it cleary isnt for a mk1 despite being advertise as a mk1 mr2 4age induction .has anyone eles brought one that could shed some light please . thank you for your time
    Last edited by mk1gloucester; 11th December 2014 at 09:31 PM.

Is this from ebay with a shiny pipe and crap filter?

MR2 Newbie
    thats the one fella iv triple checked it deffo states 84-89 mk1 mr2 4age N/A so i mythed

MR2 Newbie
    thats the one fella. iv triple check and it dose state 84-86 mk1 mr2 4-age NA . so im mythed becouse it barely fits anywhere plus the what i think is maybe an air temp senser is to small for the reese bole made for it just falls out

yeah i bought that one for £29 which i thought was a bargain as it saved me getting one made at work, but it doesn't fit anywhere.

It can't possibly be for the mk1 as the pipe is too long for the engine bay. I had mine refunded and sent back.

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the club!

I've just sent through your membership details.

Good to have you aboard!

Cheers,
    Tom

MR2 Newbie
    cheers tom
    its taken me almost 7 years to get on board wish id signed up sooner

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by superwhite90 View Post
    yeah i bought that one for £29 which i thought was a bargain as it saved me getting one made at work, but it doesn't fit anywhere.

It can't possibly be for the mk1 as the pipe is too long for the engine bay. I had mine refunded and sent back.
    yer im not impressed atall it dose clearly list the item as a mk1 i messaged the seller stateing im sure this for a mk2 he has then sent me a message back saying its for a mk1 and photes of it being installed .I fort oo ov been a fool .Nope the pictures were of a mk2 2.0 ahah .I sent anouther message basicly saying your have proved mu dowts . And he refunded me straight away so abit annoying the seller was a good bloke and payed up . did you send yours back to the seller ?

Yes of course I didn't want that crap in my garage

Hi I note your gloucester and i live cheltenham and have a 89 t bar in red which has been on the road this summer , but is currently stored away for the winter out of the wet. just had a new windscreen as the existing one had a big crack in it . i have run toyotas for for 35 years and currently have a number of mark i celicas.
    love the mr2 and will run it to the silverstone classic and the 3o years of the mr2 next year.
    what mr2 do you have , happy to catch up , i have loads of contacts to help restore old toyotas.
    cheers malcolm.