Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New owner/member!

MR2 Newbie

New owner/member!

Well... im that guy whos been lurking through the forums for the past two weeks and finally pulled the trigger on an mr2. Im now the proud owner of a 1988 mr2 super charger. She needs a bit of work and I think she could pass a mot if the headlighta worked, for some reason only the high beams work. I hope its just a fuse or headlight replacement. In addition the passenger side leaks from the t tops like a water fall. Time will tell if I made the right move, ill post pics tomorrow as its dark right now. Any tips or suggestions feel free to comment, I already found a ttop sealant threa so hopefully that will get sorted soon. Thanks!
    -zack

T-bar seal for sale on fleabay: 121460828051 Says it's new? worth a look. Wet carpet = very bad

MR2 Newbie
    Oh man! Thats almost half of what I paid for her. Lucky me the carpets are pulled, I can see the start of some rust so maybe ill poke and prode a bit. I may go the silicone route and try to save a few notes

Try the silicone I've heard some people getting positive results. You could also try this ebay item 151430161432. Works when the rubber seals are tired by pressing the roof panels down harder.

So you're in Mildenhall. 5 x Mk1s were on display at a car show down the road from you in Bury St Edmunds a couple of months ago. You can make it 6 next year
    Last edited by sTuArT; 19th October 2014 at 09:56 PM.

Hi Zack

You are only just 15 miles up the road from me, I'm between Newmarket and Bury, good to have another Mr2 nearby.
    If you are coming past my way drop me a PM, mines currently SORN and tucked away for the winter.

Jon

MR2 Newbie
    Definatly will do! I changed the headlights and hopefully wet proofed the t tops so I might have ol girl moted tomorrow. Not a fan of loctight but as moneys tight it will have to do untill I can save up 300 pounds for new weather strips...

MR2 Newbie
    Ah man! Failed mot. Needs a new nearside front brake caliper/pads and nearside rear lower arm. I cant seem to find a good place to purchase these items for a good price. The garage I brought it to cant find replacement parts for it either, could it be because its a Japanese import mk1? Baaah bought a project and slowly realising im clueless. I also cant poat this in the garage section for some reason.

MR2 Newbie
    Well, long overdue pics... here she is, the 800 pound wonder!! needs a good cleaning but i'm more worried about getting her through MOT so i can take her to a garage i can work out of. 125k kilometers ! should be a great fixer upper.

That's a nice looking 2 tone. StuAW11 who was at the show in Bury St Edmunds this summer has a similar aw11

Shouldn't there be a spoiler/wing?