Thread: Original Mk1 Cassette Player

Original Mk1 Cassette Player

Hi all,

I received this e-mail and thought I'd offer it out:

I have an old Toyota radio-cassette that came out of my son's 1986 (D reg) MR2 (long gone).

I'd rather someone with a Mk1 MR2 has it than I chuck it. If a club member wants to offer me something for it, that money will go to charity. The member will need to either pick up (west Surrey) or pay for postage. It's a bit heavy (being 1980s vintage). I can supply photo if someone is interested.
    Radio model 86120-32261, serial number 28565.

I wired it up to a battery and it came on and the tuning went up and down when requested, but I don't have access to an old car to connect aerial and speakers, so I cannot guarantee what it sounds like. My son swapped the radio for a modern one when he bought the car many years ago and I am sure it was the original radio.
    Let me know if you're interested in having this to fit to your car. Please don't get in touch if you're just planning to sell it on.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Tom

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tommundy View Post
    Hi all,

I received this e-mail and thought I'd offer it out:

Let me know if you're interested in having this to fit to your car. Please don't get in touch if you're just planning to sell it on.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Tom
    Yes, Tom I'd be very interested. My SC doesn't have any sound system having removed the faulty cassette system it came with. I live in Surrey so can easily collect this newer one. Best of all, I'm so old I've got loads of cassettes. I'll PM you my email address and contact details.

Cheers,

Andy
    Last edited by andyj; 21st November 2014 at 12:49 PM.

Thanks Tom.

Have spoken to the seller and he's giving it to me this weekend on a trial basis to see if it works .

Good stuff!