Hi All,

Just thought I would say hello and check this club / forum out, it seemed a good place to start with mk1's!

I've been wanting a little old sporty car to look after, bomb around in and tinker with, and I quite fancy the sound of a mk1 MR2.

I don't know a great deal about them, so will be reading through some posts on the forum

I wondered if there was anyone near Swindon or Gloucester on here that would mind meeting up so that I could have a chat and perhaps go for a little ride in one to see if they are really for me? As I mentioned I like the old school look and they sound like the sort of thing I am looking for, but want to have a good idea of what they are like and what I would be getting myself in to.

I haven't got large budget, around 2k but it seems that I should be able to find a tidy one for that price.

I did see a nice looking V6 one posted up for sale, bit of a unique car it seems but it is over 300 miles away from me and I think probably sold by now.

I also saw the blue supercharged motor for sale on ebay again, and traced it back to this forum, it seems it has a bit of a suspect history since being sold on from here so I think I will steer clear of that one!

Cheers!

Steve