Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: F462 EBU For Sale

F462 EBU For Sale

My mother in law has bought a mk3 mr2, so we now have 3 mr2's in our household, which my wife tells me is 1 too many!
    I'll add some photos and more detail to this post later, but I thought I'd post something now in case anyone is looking for a quick, cheap mr2. The bodywork is shabby, but the engine is the best I've driven. It's a pale blue sunroof model that has been owned by a few members on here. Basically we're open to offers. Our postcode is S36 as we live in a village called Oxspring near Penistone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles27 View Post
    The bodywork is shabby, but the engine is the best I've driven. It's a pale blue sunroof model that has been owned by a few members on here
    This was my first mk1, I bought it from Gary in 2010 & kept it for a few months until my 1a popped up at a price that couldnt be ignored!! Anthony is right about the engine, it really is quick for a standard car.

Here it is 4 years ago - it is definitely a bit shabbier now!!

Good luck with the sale mate.
    Last edited by Master-B; 28th September 2014 at 06:44 PM.

nice rare colour

Nice pic Kris. It looks like a convertible with that dark hedge in the background!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers mate. The garden looks a bit shabbier 4 years on, too

Does anyone want this car? I'm after a couple of hundred for it. It's now being stored in a barn at my friends farm. I don't want to break it or scrap it.

is it MOT'd?

Correction: it does have an mot that expires on Oct 20th.

It has no exhaust and just 1 wiper (although wiper number 2 is in the frunk). There is a problem with the clutch which a mechanic tells me is either the master cylinder or the slave cylinder. Basically getting it into 1st or reverse is a pain. I have a Janspeed exhaust at home, but it was my intention to either keep it as a spare or sell it separately. It did have a few problems starting in the wet, but a recent distributor cap replacement cured that.
    I'll try to get some decent pics in the next few days. In my opinion the car is not great, but it's far too good to scrap. It was being used regularly by my mother-in-law a couple of weeks ago for small trips and every 2 weeks a 200 mile return journey to Wolverhampton and back.
    I'd love to see it brought back to life by someone who can do a bit of spannering.
    Last edited by Gilles27; 13th October 2014 at 06:03 PM.

I thought if it had an MOT i'd consider it, but as it's not thanks for the information anyway. Sounds like i'd get it back to Essex.

Check the gear cable bearings for the shifter issue. I had this on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by superwhite90 View Post
    I thought if it had an MOT i'd consider it, but as it's not thanks for the information anyway. Sounds like i'd get it back to Essex.

Check the gear cable bearings for the shifter issue. I had this on mine.
    No problem. Essex is quite a distance to come unless you're certain about the car. Thanks for the advice.

My farmer friend is happy to store the car indefinitely, but I'd be happier if the car was actually being used. I'd let it go for peanuts* to the right home.

*not actual peanuts, unless they were magic or REALLY tasty!