Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake 2014

Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake 2014

Evening

Myself, Drewski, JohnM and STUAW11 have booked into Classic and Sports Cars by the Lake on Sunday 31st August at Fornham St Martin (near Bury St Edmunds)
    http://www.classicsportscarsbythelake.co.uk/index.html

If anybody else wants to join us please follow the link above and book in as soon as you can.
    If you do book in let me know as we are going to meet up beforehand and go in convoy together.

Fingers crossed for the weather as the summer looks like it's finished for this year!

Thanks

Jon H

Hi guys, I applied but the organiser emailed me to say that all places are full. If weather not too bad I will try pop over and say hello. Be good to see Stu's Supercharger again.

Hi Stu

Yes exchanged emails with the organiser today and she said 600 cars had booked in and where subsequently full-up. They might have a few drop outs on the day so you never know, will try and keep a space in between the 4 cars. I will PM you with my mobile number.
    Weather is looking good

Cheers
    Jon

Big thanks from me to Stu, Stuart, John and Drew for turning up today for a great day in sunny suffolk at Classics by the Lake, Stuart is going to post some photos later on.
    Over 600 cars on show, with big turnouts by the usual (MG, Stag etc) clubs, so it was great to see 5 Mk1s all together.

Cheers

Jon

The people of Suffolk had great affection for the MK1 today. People with happy memories of driving one in the late 80s and young people wanting to know more about MK1 ownership. Be good if we could persuade ccrysos to come as we were lacking mk1a representation today. Still 5x MK1Bs was still a good turnout Pics to follow . . .
    Last edited by sTuArT; 31st August 2014 at 08:20 PM.

I missed this thread unfortunately Stuart! It was my dads birthday today and we were hosting so I couldn't have gone anyway unfortunately. After looking for so long, then finally getting two Mk1as I have only managed about 250 miles in one and only 50 in the other this year!!!

I saw you drive through sheering yesterday. I was going the other way and clocked your plate.

Glad you had a good day guys

I noticed on Facebook, there is a MR2 meet in Chelmsford on thev11th September in the evening. You up for that?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Donation.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	1980

If you want some help to add mileage to your MK1As I'm willing to help especially if they come with a full tank of fuel

Yes that was me yesterday. My Dad said he saw you in the blue over in Sawbo but I wasn't with him at the time.

Just looked and it seems the 11th is a Thursday. Sounds good to me I will try and attend that one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN5292.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	1981

Whenever I have my picture taken there's always a guy with grey hair pulling a trailer getting in the way.
    Last edited by sTuArT; 31st August 2014 at 08:58 PM.

When I bought the red one in march, I filled it up and I still have over 3/4 of that tank left!!

That would have been me in sawbo, that's where my business is...until it moves to Harlow this month....you may see more of me then!

I'll definitely try and make the 11th. It's so close to home that it would be silly not too