Hi all,

During my motoring life, I've owned a pair of Mk1 MR2's which I'm proud to say left me in (mostly) better nick than when I got them. While browsing Facebook today, an old acquaintance posted a video of an old Men & Motors short about 2CV racing which I was loosely connected to back in the day. Lo and behold, behind the presenter was my old MR2 sitting alongside the racers. It got me thinking - I wonder where she is now?

Here's a picture of E271 HKV back when I owned her as a proud 22 year old! Strangely, she had rare factory fitted air conditioning but was confirmed as a UK car and not an import.

Soon after, it was involved in a hefty incident on the Peartree roundabout Oxford involving a pair of black Renault Clios that both managed to rear-end it at the same time. My then partner at the time luckily wasn't injured and she managed to drive it back home - albeit some 4 inches shorter. It was repaired with all new rear panels thanks to an unusual amount of haggling with the insurers. Sadly, due to the sudden death of my partner, I could no longer afford to Run my MR2, and after 5 happy and trouble free years of ownership, I sold it to a couple in the North Midlands who had plans to really look after it - I'm fairly sure they would have.

Fast forward a couple of years, and with a couple of lucky breaks and a move down south meant I could look for another MR2 - G346 UUW. This one was apparently 'low mileage' but was in unloved condition and the clutch was shot. The body work was done as well as the clutch (and a bent rear control arm that tried unsuccessfully to buck me into a Devonshire hedge - it's still in the garage as a trophy). Then came the full stainless exhaust and lots of other little goodies!

However, it soon became apparent that it burned an alarming amount of oil so eventually, with real life looming (kids, mortgage, move out of Hove etc) that too had to go to a chap from Brighton.

I certainly miss them both, but where are they now?

Does anyone know the whereabouts of E271 HKV and G346 UUW?