Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Woodsport Rivet on wide arch kit

MR2 Fan
    Superb quality and fitment. Many thanks Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12809650_627898547358112_4267150481674496348_n.jpg   12794560_627898567358110_6572653733791031608_n.jpg  

Cool

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
    Superb quality and fitment. Many thanks Paul
    car looks great m8 especially those wide arches! its a shame pauls not making anymore!
    Last edited by mc turbo 2; 12th March 2016 at 11:38 PM.

^^ is this true?

Club Technical Advisor
    This car is fast becoming a demonstrator for my products! Looks fantastic sir.

I haven't made a final decision on selling these arches yet, all fibreglass products require a little sanding/trimming etc but some customers don't understand that, as such i had a few "complaints" in the USA about fitment even though they all come from the same mold there will always be a slight discrepancy from car to car.

It makes it very hard for me to advertise them as fitting perfectly even though i know the fitment is very good.

I do all of my bodywork products as a sideline, no real profit in any of it, just to keep aftermarket parts alive for these cars, the big players aren't interested in the Mk1 Mr2 anymore, it's a very niche market with not many cars around now, so it makes it difficult for me to keep motivated making products if i get fitment moans.

I'll be honest, i think some people want zero prep, in this day and age it's all about out of the box, bolt on, go.

That is just never going to happen with a fibreglass product.

Sorry for the rant!

If people who don't understand that custom bodywork always need a little work ,shouldn't be touching body work on cars.

Your car looks sweet Scotty real mean looking.

I thought Americans love hacking things to bits and custom work etc. I'd be a bit less surprised if we brits moan. To be fair it does clearly state in the ads that some light modification may be required to fit. If I didnt wanna cut it myself and it was going as a bolt on job it could easily be hidden with a bit of weatherstrip. However fibreglass is relatively easy to cut and it's as easy as it's gonna get.

MR2 Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsport View Post
    This car is fast becoming a demonstrator for my products! Looks fantastic sir.

I haven't made a final decision on selling these arches yet, all fibreglass products require a little sanding/trimming etc but some customers don't understand that, as such i had a few "complaints" in the USA about fitment even though they all come from the same mold there will always be a slight discrepancy from car to car.

It makes it very hard for me to advertise them as fitting perfectly even though i know the fitment is very good.

I do all of my bodywork products as a sideline, no real profit in any of it, just to keep aftermarket parts alive for these cars, the big players aren't interested in the Mk1 Mr2 anymore, it's a very niche market with not many cars around now, so it makes it difficult for me to keep motivated making products if i get fitment moans.

I'll be honest, i think some people want zero prep, in this day and age it's all about out of the box, bolt on, go.

That is just never going to happen with a fibreglass product.

Sorry for the rant!
    Well, hopefully , you'll be doing a bit more to it in the not too distant future

Club Technical Advisor
    I have one set of these arches left in stock if anyone wants them.