Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodsport Rivet on wide arch kit

Club Technical Advisor
    Offset needs to be taken into consideration so more to it than that I'm afraid

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thought it would be, thanks for the quick reply. Looking forward to these!

Quote Originally Posted by mlhs View Post
    Awesome! What sort of width wheels would be needed to fill these out? I was looking at 8.5 rears and 7.5 fronts, or is there more to it than that?
    Well the originals which are still on the silver car I've fitted 9.5 and 10 plus 11 all depends on the et of your wheels, I've used bolt on spacers of 20mm and 25mm front and rear.

Best to fit the arches then look for wheels that are deep dished or has the correct mr2 et but I think it's 2inch from mounting face to hitting the shock Spring seat and 7 to 8 inch to the arch, also size 16/17 wheels and your choice of tyres are another factor as I had to move one set of wheels further out on 17inch alloys and 40 height tyres as they rubbed on the lower Spring platform, the coilovers sorted this and I could then fit wider rubber, a lot of trial and error.

Fronts I wouldn't go wider than 7.5 and remove or grind down the nut that holds the inner arch liner as every wheel tyre size combo I've tried hits the rubber on full lock both sides, same info as the rears really, another tip is to check what ever wheels you buy clears the calipers and discs as the st205 brakes some 16 inch designs hit the calipers standard brakes should be fine but most modern wheel makers only make wheels these days in 17 and up sizes in the et you may need , I've found those that will make wheels to a custom offset and Pcd cost twice as much.

Club Technical Advisor
    So finally these are ready for sale....

This is the first set of flares very quickly fitted to a car we have here, they are not bolted on properly and have not been trimmed anywhere, but i have to say the fit is pretty good.

Obviously this cars wheels are not wide enough to fill these out, but you get the idea.

There is always going to be a slight fitment issue from one car to another, i cannot stress that point enough, so for a perfect flush fit some light sanding may or may not be needed, but i am very happy that the first fit is very close, certainly with a rubber gasket or trim between the flare and bodywork there would be nothing at all.

I am happy to start taking confirmed orders, i can get better pics from more specific areas if you request them too.

These will be £145 per set of four plus shipping (estimate £15) , if you want a set please register interest below, thanks Paul.
    Last edited by Woodsport; 6th November 2015 at 07:48 AM.

MR2 Fan
    1: Scotty

They look great! I'm out the country atm, I need to look at what wheels I can get that will fill these first. Don't want to go bigger than 15" so I will have to look at what is available. Are your BC replica front lips still available? As I think that will be a more sensible option to go for first when I'm back.

MR2 Fan
    Paul, Take my money haha

MR2 Fan
    Any news on these mate?

Club Technical Advisor
    Pics starting to come back in now of these fitted to customers cars, this one is in the US.

MR2 Newbie
    hi paul I would like to buy a set of these wide arches please! ps. have u done my plumley rear spoiler yet ? please let me no asap cheers