Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Red Mk1a for sale

Red Mk1a for sale

As many of you will know, i picked up an 'extra' MK1a earlier in the year. It was too good to miss.

It is a very early 1985 black bumpered MK1a, registered 1st April 1985.

I bought it from a lady owner who had the car for 27 years and had every service bill, fully stamped book (until it filled up), every tax disc and MOT. the car was always garaged.
    It has 97k miles (from memory) and drives great.
    There is pretty much NO RUST on this car. I say pretty much as i dont want to go down the 'mint' or 'immaculate' route Suffice to say it is in truly excellent condition for a 30 year old car! The paint polished up great!
    It had the rear arches replaced about 14 years ago and they are showing no signs of rust at all.

When i bought it, the clutch was not working correctly so it has a new slave cylinder and fluid flush.

The rear spoiler is showing some ageing signs (micro blistered paint) and i was going to have it repainted. I have not so far though.
    The drivers door has a couple of parking dents in it as the car lived all its life in london. there are also a couple of minor scratches on the rear bumper. They are easily repairable by a dent removal / scratch repair company.

It had a very light shunt in the front NS corner at some point in its life. The lady said it was minor and it is not recorded. She had a new bumper and bumper bar fitted but the lower valance is dented. If i can find one, i will replace it. THERE IS NO DAMAGE TO THE INNER WING, FRONT SLAM PANEL ETC.

The front bumper is colour coded but i will be putting it back to black very soon.

I have taxed the car (5 months left) and MOTd it (11 months left). There were NO advisories.

Interior is fantastic and still has the original radio (and sub) fitted.

I was going to fix the minor niggles with this car (listed above), store it and keep it forever. Unfortunately i have lost my storage option as the new office/workshop/labs and manufacturing facility we were taking on for the business has fallen through . I dont want the car to sit on my drive for the winter. it is covered at present.

So...reluctantly i am looking to sell her on. She will be a real bargain for someone and has show car potential.

Not sure what to ask yet as i have not painted the bumper, replaced the valance or serviced it yet.

If anyone is interested, please let me know and we can talk further. I will be as honest as i can.

I picked the car up for £600. I have spent about £300 on her so far and plenty of time. I am probably going to spend another few hundred before she sells. I am not looking to take silly money either way....a fair price for a great car.

Cheers

Chrys

Good luck with the sale! I still miss my red Mk1a.

Some photos always draw people in.

Cheers,
    Tom

As above pics please!!

Ill get some pictures up at thr weekend chaps.

Cheers

MR2 Enthusiast
    Hi Chrys, do you have a price in mine for the as it stands now, without getting the work done to it. Thanks

Hi there.
    Not really but I am certainly open to offers

Not great pictures but all i have with me at the moment....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	red.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	1833

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140423_185346.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	1834

More here...http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread...ighlight=today

nice car collection Chrys!

Quote Originally Posted by AW11mike View Post
    nice car collection Chrys!
    Its not so bad eh Mike The picture doesnt even show the ferrari, porsche, Lotus or VW Passat Estate! No HONESTLY! I DO have a Passat Estate!!

If i had the space, i would have bought a very nice Mini 1275GT i saw recently.....I need a barn!

a real petrolhead!