Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Le Mans 2015

Le Mans 2015

14 years ago 4 members bravely took their Mk1's and the Club global when we attended Le Mans France in 2001. We have returned in some capacity every year since. Unfortunately we don't often have any Mk1's attend like we did a few years back when we would often have 5-10 Mk's convoy down.

I was talking to Stuart Kynoch over a beer at this years event and we talked about Club members possibly coming in 2015. This really is a magnificent event and one that should be experienced at least once. Would be great to see Mk1's back at La Sarthe.

Here are some of the highlights of the event for 2015.

- Tailor the dates to suit yourself. The Le Mans 24 Hour race will be over the weekend of 13th and 14th June.
    - Ferry prices reasonable and average £70 return from Dover - Calais.
    - Camping in the stunning Chateau Du Chanteloup 15 minutes from the track.
    - Plenty to see and do in and around Le Mans.
    - Fantastic fun with great friends.

If interested then please feel free to ask questions on her or get in touch with Stuart. You can visit the event page on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/1488...ilter=upcoming

Fun on the Mulsanne Straight

Last edited by AW11 Forever; 25th June 2014 at 07:29 PM.

Hi
    might be up for this, always wanted to do go there, next year could be the year

Quote Originally Posted by kevs aw11 View Post
    Hi
    might be up for this, always wanted to do go there, next year could be the year
    Agreed 2015 will be the best year yet. Nissan, Porsche, Lotus, Ligier, Toyota, Audi all racing P1 cars, will be an amazing race.

On this page I can help guide you to make the trip smooth and trouble free. Tickets, ferry, direction to Le Mans, camping and AOB can all be discussed on here.

will keep a eye on the thread probably go for the wednesday to wednesday with le mans in the middle can you get a package with tickets and camping all in
    kev

Quote Originally Posted by kevs aw11 View Post
    will keep a eye on the thread probably go for the wednesday to wednesday with le mans in the middle can you get a package with tickets and camping all in
    kev
    Kev we use 1st Tickets for race and grandstand tickets.
    http://www.1st-tickets.co.uk/?gclid=...CZ_QIipvnw_wcB

Deb Watson books and sorts out all the camping pitches. You just tell her how many nights and you pay on arrival. Ferry can be booked yourself to tailor when you choose to to.

It's very common for people to drive down together as there is always someone going the same day. We usually pre arrange meeting points

MR2 Lurker
    I'm back and I'm in!!!!

By the way I can see to of my old cars in those pics above...my red one which I really really regret selling and my black 1.5 which tom Mindy now owns

Will get booking ferries etc

Who is this Tom Mindy?

MR2 Lurker
    Dam predictive text.......sorry mate

Hi - am definitely going, with a mate in his Caterham R300: he says I can drive!!! (The 'R300' bit means it has 300 bop/ton - it's bonkers!)
    Let's swop mobile numbers nearer the time a try to meet up!
    Howard

MR2 Newbie
    hi guys im new member this court my eye work for porche at le mans in 2012. really great event will hopefully be able to go next your with the mk1 club