Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Car on Autotrader

MR2 Fan

Red Car on Autotrader

Does anyone know anything about this car as its got one of our stickers in the rear window? Is it supercharged - I'm looking at the rear lights & door mirrors? Thanks

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi.../mr2?logcode=p

I noticed that one and it looks as if one of the previous owners added the USDM rear lights as the rear lid is not raised and the mirrors look standard to me.

That looks like Tommy's old car to me - drop him a pm (coverco) and he will confirm. If it his then you won't get better for the money, Tommy had extensive work done during his ownership.

MR2 Obsessive
    It is indeed my old car, it did have extensive work done on it by me during my ownership. I sold it in December last year so the new owners must have traded it in. They did not even get a summer out of it. Nowt as queer as folk

Here is the for sale thread http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread...Red-MK1b/page4 .

MR2 Fan
    It does look a lovely car - Blades red aswell, but I didn't check the piccies on the ad carefully enough - it's not a T Bar despite what the ad says!

MR2 Obsessive
    It is certainly not blunts red, it was renovated and sprayed in Barnsley

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley00 View Post
    It does look a lovely car - Blades red aswell, but I didn't check the piccies on the ad carefully enough - it's not a T Bar despite what the ad says!
    All the pictures are taken at an angle that hides whether it's a t-bar or a sunroof. Other unusual features are the colour coded wing mirrors, white dials and it also seems to have half leather.

MR2 Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by coverco View Post
    It is certainly not blunts red, it was renovated and sprayed in Barnsley
    Gotcha - hook, line and sinker! I see you're a fellow Esprit fan Tommy? Anytime you're allowed across the border into Sheffield let me know & we can go for a rumble before I sell mine. One of my lads has finished Uni, but the other wants a house so needs must! Regards, Andrew
    Last edited by Mutley00; 25th June 2014 at 03:57 PM.

MR2 Obsessive
    For goodness sake look at my for sale thread and restoration thread, there are loads of pictures of the car in various states of renovation. It is a a sunroof, the mirrors have been sprayed, it has MK2 turbo seats in and the dials are indiglo imported from the US. All the information is in the two threads mentioned