Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 23rd 24th 25th August - Oulton Park Gold Cup

23rd 24th 25th August - Oulton Park Gold Cup

The Oulton Park Gold Cup is the north west's premier historic race meeting, notable for attracting star names such as Sir Stirling Moss in recent years. Featuring a huge entry of rare and exotic historic cars, including single seaters, sports, touring and saloons, each grid is worth a small fortune, although that doesn't stop the drivers from producing superb racing on the classic 2.6 mile Oulton Park circuit!

Off track entertainment including demonstrations on the rally stages, classic car displays, trade stands and fairground rides, all giving the event a true family festival feel.

This year's running features the Super Touring Car Trophy for machines from 1970 to 1999, including the Super Touring Cars that saw the BTCC surge in popularity in the 1990s, with the cars running exactly as they did in period. It made its debut at this event to huge acclaim in 2013.

We were hoping to get a stand at this event but apparently our cars are too new to qualify for the show

Whatever, a few of us are going anyway as standard punters, camping for the weekend so there'll be mk1s in the campsite instead of the infield displays

If you fancy joining us then stick your name on the list below and we will save you a spot at the campsite. Its not an official club event so its a case of sort your own tickets out, either by paying on the gate or in advance on the oulton park website. If you buy in advance then a 3 day ticket including camping is £46 or free for U13's.

1. Kris & Alison
    2. Bill Hulme
    3. Gary Mellor

Thanks for posting mate . This event will be brilliant entertainment and a very good social event for all mk1 owners so get your names down and enjoy , 46 pound for all weekend is a bargain .

Gary

Great! I'll check the calendar when I get home. I know I am working on the Bank Hol Monday, but hope to be there Friday & Saturday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles27 View Post
    Great! I'll check the calendar when I get home. I know I am working on the Bank Hol Monday, but hope to be there Friday & Saturday night.
    Thatd be awesome, its been too long!

Enjoy guys and girls! It's great that it's taking advantage of a bank holiday weekend.

Unfortunately, or otherwise, I'll be at the F1 in Belgium!

Quote Originally Posted by tommundy View Post
    Unfortunately, or otherwise, I'll be at the F1 in Belgium!
    Make sure you give Charlotte & Steve a shout while you are there - its Anthonys fault that we know them... they are proper F1 fanatics/demon drinkers

Quote Originally Posted by KGB603 View Post
    Make sure you give Charlotte & Steve a shout while you are there - its Anthonys fault that we know them... they are proper F1 fanatics/demon drinkers
    Tom, are you camping with Charlotte & Steve? I can give you their number if you want? The weird little pub near the campsite is brilliant. I first met them at Spa! You'll love the grand prix there. It's much harder work than Silverstone as there is a LOT of walking up and down hills, but it is an awesome experience.

Will do Kris! Do you know which camp site they're at? Not sure if we discussed it at Silverstone. If they're at the one near the general admission entry to get onto the long straight after Eau Rouge, then that'll be perfect.

No Anthony, not camping; we've got the same cottage as we had last year! We're staying there for the full week this time and are going to do some other activities in the area before the Grand Prix. I got Charlotte's number from Alison, so will be contacting them before we set sail for the continent. Yes, the hills are a killer! But, as you say, it's a great experience!

Cheers,
    Tom

They'll be staying at a campsite called the Elephant. We would enter the track with Eau Rouge on our left. Near La Source I suppose. Monsieur Bertrandt runs the pub where we would spend the evenings singing about obscure F1 drivers and then seeing who dare dunk their head in the water butt outside. Int culture great?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles27 View Post
    They'll be staying at a campsite called the Elephant. We would enter the track with Eau Rouge on our left. Near La Source I suppose. Monsieur Bertrandt runs the pub where we would spend the evenings singing about obscure F1 drivers and then seeing who dare dunk their head in the water butt outside. Int culture great?!
    Isnt the "pub" basically just some fellas living room?