Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 16/17 august tatton parks "passion for power " classic motor show

Quote Originally Posted by Nattie View Post
    So after being inspired by John’s award I went a hunting for the next best thing and found http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fujimi-389...-/131175217101.
    I've got a micro machines version of both of my mr2's http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_tr...at=0&_from=R40

Hi Nattie,

It's a 1/43 die cast model made by EBBRO and it is available in red, search on E-bay. It is actually the MK1a so it has black bumpers, side skirts and rear spoiler so you would have to paint over those in red. The interior is black with red inserts on the seats, I had to paint mine blue. The previous picture of mine shows the stock version next to my converted version. Got the numberplates off E-bay but then had to shrink the back one a bit as the back end of the model isn't quite GB spec and the space between the numberplate lights is too narrow ! I actually bought a cheap Solido Mk3 Mr2 and swapped the wheels off that to match my real Elfmobile. The lights dp pop up but at the moment the front passenger headlight sticks up a bit when it is shut. The other problem I haven't yet sorted is how to make or simulate the sunroof !
    Here's a couple more pics of it. John.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MiniElf 3s.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	1957

Name:	MiniElf 4s.JPG 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	1958

Name:	MiniElf 6s.JPG 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	1959

Thank you Gary and Kris for your kind words. I didn't realise at first that it included all the Mr2's at the show, so now I'm even more pleased to have won!
    I have always liked to keep my cars looking good whatever they are but I must admit to being particularly fond of cleaning my Elfmobile. There was after all 27 years accumulation to challenge me !
    However I must own up to getting real mechanics to do the technical work for me, so I do feel a little guilty winning when I see and hear what other members of the club actually do for themselves.
    I would like to say a big thank you to Gary for the various jobs he has sorted for me, without his help no way would my car have won !
    Indeed thank you to Bill, Gary and the "Gang" we meet on the runs and at Tatton for making myself and my brother Martin welcome into the Mk1 fold. Hope to see you all soon, perhaps at one more run before the end of the season ?
    John F.

Some campsite pics:

Looks wicked!

MR2 Newbie
    Hi John

Apologies - I thought the stock version was your award - very doh of me! Your mini me is fab - will defo look into that and the site Gilles suggested.

Hope to see you soon

Nattie