Thread: Got 1 MR2 again 25 years on

Got 1 MR2 again 25 years on

Pleased to say I am the proud new owner of a 1990 G reg T bar Mr2 having previously owned a B Reg back in 1990 - both in white.

Always missed it and when this one came up locally I just couldn't say no, now have two 2 seater mid engined as I also own a Lotus Elise 111r.

She's got 60k on the clock and leather interior and been stood for 5 years. Replaced battery and alternator was seized so belt shredded but did get her to the garage where I work to get up on the ramp and was pleasantly surprised.

Plan to replace alternator and belt, cam belt change due to standing time but it was done on a few thou prior to be parked up, full service, replace snapped off aerial, then MOT and off we go, quite excited.

Hunted out my old photo's, I have aged but lost 2 stone so not all bad

Sharon (Ross on Wye, Herefordshire)

60k miles is very low. Not even 3k per year. 1990 must have been one of last off the production line.

Quote Originally Posted by sTuArT View Post
    60k miles is very low. Not even 3k per year. 1990 must have been one of last off the production line.
    Yes isn't it, folder containing all old MOT's etc, I must check log book but was told 1990 but I thought last of mk1's was 1989.

Maybe it was built in 1989 but not registered until 1990.

There are some MK2's registered in 1989 so it was probably sat at a dealer as they would have been pushing the MK2 rather than a MK1 there would have been more rebate on the new model.

Alan...