Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Refreshingly Expensive MR2 on Ebay

Refreshingly Expensive MR2 on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=151298997585

*** UPDATE ***
    Reduced as the bumper skin is incorrect (MK1a) and the outer arch skin has been replaced at some point on one side. Everything else is perfect.
    Last edited by Domster; 12th May 2014 at 12:41 AM.

Sorry if this is a members car but why would you not at least remove the rubbish from the foot wells?

The rest of the car looks good, not sure on the price but it may be worth that to the right buyer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_57.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	1559

MR2 Enthusiast
    Going from the ebay username I say the car belongs to the OP...

Car looks nice and worth the money, if solid. Do you know why its got a mk1a front bumper?

I believe it is the OPs car. It has been on here several times now.

Well spotted on the 1a bumper! Any comment OP? The first class paint match of the MK1a bumper and the MK1b stripes could suggest a complete respray.

If it is the wrong bumper then it could be dodgy but it is the same as was on the well known T Bar that I had. Might it be the angle and lighting? It isn't flat and is pretty amazing behind the bumper with no rust and all original structure. However the whole car has definitely been resprayed on the outside at some point. If it has the wrong bumper then that is pretty poor for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by michaeljapp View Post
    Sorry if this is a members car but why would you not at least remove the rubbish from the foot wells?

The rest of the car looks good, not sure on the price but it may be worth that to the right buyer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_57.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	1559
    By the time I had cleaned it I had had enough. Did intend to go back and retake them but ... I have got a lazy streak

Maybe she does have a "history"? I've taken her off sale until I get to the bottom of it as she is listed as pretty much perfect. The front bumper didn't have actual stripes when I got her so I had to put those on. Perhaps she had a light front end prang? I can see the socket set coming out tomorrow

Here's some more pics of the front bumper. It doesn't look like a MK1a bumper to me but I am not an expert. The screws in one of the pics don't look like they have ever been unscrewed, at least not recently. What do you think?

Ok, have a look at these two:

Mk1a:

Mk1b:

If you look along the bottom edge of the bumper (not the splitter, ignore that) you'll see that the edge is flat in the middle, and then curves down on either side of the numberplate before continuing under the indicators and round to the wings. On the mk1a these 'drops' are more central on the bumper than on the mk1b.

A head-on shot of your car would be useful as I can;t be sure which you have from the images provided

He's got a 1b bumper, the 1a is flat. Side view shows a slight slope.