Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mk1 newbie, full rebuild well on its way!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AW11mike View Post
    perfect job that mate! never seen a AW11 project done that well! im glad you have tuned your 4A-GE and not fitted a different engine! that will be one awesome car!
    I agree 100%! Nice to see the 4AGE still in there.

The arch repairs look fantastic. Did you put new qtr panels on? So often the curve of teh arch is slightly off when repaired.

What colour is that...it's fantastic!

I must say, I dont know what your plans are but I hope the car exterior doesn't look too far from standard......just my preference but some cars that are finished to such a standard are spoilt at the last stage by the exterior being changed too drastically. Those kinds of mods often date quite quickly.

thanks guys, decided to keep the 4AGE as a won a NOS short engine off ebay a while back, maybe a supercharger con at some stage!!
    as for the arches, they were just a kit from radford panels company (top quality), but i have a very good welder mate, who did a cracking job and fitted new inners as well.
    as for the exterior, it will be pretty much as is, main mods will be hidden underneath!!
    My welder mate made a new rear valence (you can see on photo) to accomodate a quad pipe exhaust i picked up, thats all that will look different from the exterior and a Woodsport Haslbeck number plate panel - thx Paul

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBOYZJUNK View Post
    thanks guys, decided to keep the 4AGE as a won a NOS short engine off ebay a while back, maybe a supercharger con at some stage!!
    as for the arches, they were just a kit from radford panels company (top quality), but i have a very good welder mate, who did a cracking job and fitted new inners as well.
    as for the exterior, it will be pretty much as is, main mods will be hidden underneath!!
    My welder mate made a new rear valence (you can see on photo) to accomodate a quad pipe exhaust i picked up, thats all that will look different from the exterior and a Woodsport Haslbeck number plate panel - thx Paul
    Excellent......That Haslbeck plate surround is really nice

And the colour??????

When i finished my spitfire 9 years ago, i was really please with how it looked. I went for only subtle exterior mods and a colour change. I was going to be more drastic with the mods but am now so glad i didn't. It still stands up really well and is (in my opinion) one of the best looking spitfires in the country. Had i have followed some of my alternative, more drastic routes, i am pretty sure I would not like it now and would not be able to sell it!

From what i see so far, i think your car has the promise of being one of the best looking MR2s in the country...I cant wait to see the finished article!
    Last edited by cchrysos; 4th March 2014 at 11:03 AM.

forgot!!! it BMW Estoril Blue, code B45

That only gives radiator pipes

He must do them in batches as every now and then they are on ebay in blue or red, give them a call.

Quote Originally Posted by cchrysos View Post
    Excellent......That Haslbeck plate surround is really nice

And the colour??????

When i finished my spitfire 9 years ago, i was really please with how it looked. I went for only subtle exterior mods and a colour change. I was going to be more drastic with the mods but am now so glad i didn't. It still stands up really well and is (in my opinion) one of the best looking spitfires in the country. Had i have followed some of my alternative, more drastic routes, i am pretty sure I would not like it now and would not be able to sell it!

From what i see so far, i think your car has the promise of being one of the best looking MR2s in the country...I cant wait to see the finished article!
    Got a good set of mates helping me out with the resto.....big shout out to them!!

Will do cheers

Awesome car buddy looks class! The colour is stunning too! Nice one!