Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Silverstone Classic – 25th to 27th July 2014 – Club Event of the Year

Now getting ready to watch the group C cars race ,over 150 mph down the straight awesome racing

Good to see some of you again, sorry I couldn't stay to see the rest of you.
    The stand was looking good.

Twilight racing? Wish I'd have stayed a little later now - try not to nod off half way through Gary.

I had a fab day and I must say, I couldn't have met a nicer bunch of people. Have a beer for me later will you?

Jonathan.

We're now honouring your request to have a beer, whilst watching Bonnie Tyler kick out the classics!

Another full day of racing tomorrow too!

Sorry to have missed you Michael.

PS: Great meeting you too Jonathan. Your car is stunning!

What a fantastic weekend - my perfect car event: lots of amazing machines, great racing and chat.
    Sorry to have missed you Kris, Alison and Tommy and great to meet new faces.
    Can't wait til next year: think I'll do all 3 days!

MR2 Obsessive
    Sorry I missed you Michael and Howard, hopefully we will see you at Tatton. Another great weekend with goods friends, if anything though it was just too hot and the 4am finish on Saturday night Sunday morning was a big mistake

Everyone who went and enjoyed it needs to spread the word for next year. We will be doing a track parade for the 30th anniversary and it would be nice to have at least 30 cars in attendance. Even I will hopefully be borrowing a car for the day

I'm there next year then!

Quote Originally Posted by HowardB View Post
    What a fantastic weekend - my perfect car event: lots of amazing machines, great racing and chat.
    Sorry to have missed you Kris, Alison and Tommy and great to meet new faces.
    Can't wait til next year: think I'll do all 3 days!
    Hi Howard, sorry we missed you too. Only spent about 15 mins on the stand all weekend - too much to see & do!

Some sad news though - not sure if anyone else has seen this press release from the event from late yesterday afternoon:

It is with great regret that the organisers of the Silverstone Classic have to report that, following an accident in a race for HGPCA pre-66 Grand Prix Cars today, Sunday 27th July, the driver of car number 19, Denis Welch, succumbed to his injuries later in the circuit’s Medical Centre.

The event organisers, the race organisation, and the circuit’s medical and emergency services, will all now be co-operating with the Police and the MSA, the UK official motor sport governing body, to conduct a full investigation.

All those involved in the event offer sincere condolences to family and the friends of Denis Welch at this very sad time.

Rest in peace chap

Very sad news. Rest in peace.