Thread: Hi...

MR2 Newbie

Hi...

Just a quick 'hi' to introduce myself, I've owned my MR2 since August 2003, I was a member of the club a few years ago but dropped out of the fold, I have been showing the car with the East Yorkshire Thoroughbred Classic Car club at various events in the summer, winning 1st place in 'Future Classics' at the Burton Constable Annual Concours event , plus head out to Spa for their Summer Classic event 'most' years, also been over to the Monaco Historic 2008, Mille Miglia 2009 and the 'Ring a few times. As usual its off the road at this time of year, tucked up in the garage awaiting a couple of little jobs I need to do to it...

Look forward to maybe seeing and meeting some of the other club members at events...

Phil

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	93.6 KB 
ID:	1319

Taken 22/09/2013 Pistonheads and Britcar at Silverstone

Welcome Phil, car looks lovely. I had a white T-bar a few years ago, they do look good when there as tidy as yours!

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the forums and to the Club!

Where abouts do you live in East Yorkshire? I'm from Beverley and come back to visit my family about once a month, but am currently living and working in Sheffield. You might have seen me around the area in either my previous red over black Mk1a or my current black Mk1b.

There's plenty of events within driving distance of East Yorkshire, and a new Yorkshire Local Area Organiser has just stepped up to the plate, so there should be plenty of opportunities for you to come and meet some fellow owners.

Looking forward to hearing about what jobs you're going to be doing on your car.

Cheers,
    Tom

PS: I've just sent through your membership confirmation.

MR2 Newbie
    Thanks Ben & Tom,

I'm in the desolate wilds of Holderness at Long Riston, home of the three legged dog and heavily tattooed and profanity spouting women!... I haven't since you about Tom, there used to be a Mica Blue mk1 in Sigglesthorne, but other than that only other I've seen was last year at Sewerby Hall EYTCC spring gathering again Mica Blue.

I'm dropping the front splitter and respraying it, as its got crazing in the paint and looking a little worse for wear after clattering a bunny last September. Couple of other things, spray up the door mirrors, mud flaps and then copious amounts of waxoyl on the floorpan and underarch. Also need to remove drivers seat and take it to the local trimmer to get a quote for the bolster and squab leather to be replaced. as they're looking tired now.

I've returned the email Tom with the info you requested.

Phil