Thread: Hi im New! And hunting for a mk1 in the south/south east!

MR2 Lurker

Hi im New! And hunting for a mk1 in the south/south east!

Hi there, my names Chris, and I just signed up today in the hope someone may be able to help me! im without a car right now and am looking for a nice cheap mk1 mr2 like the one I used to own... I had a white tbar with leather interior and it was lowered- remains my favourite car to date, beating both the mx5 and grey import impreza I owned for fun!

There are a few on the net but nearly all of them are 'oop north - I don't want to travel much more than 100 miles and will be getting the train from mid sussex to collect! Am looking for a 1.6 non supercharged mk1 in good condition and with a fresh mot. Ideally in either red or white and tbar with leather. Budget is £1000-£2000. Can anyone help me please?!?!

Thanks

Welcome chris!
    I have been looking (all-be-it for a s more specific model) for over 2 years now and there undoubtedly far more up for sale in the north than the south!

Worth travelling for the right car though....Good luck with the search.

Chrys

By the way...there is a very nice Tbar in white over silver local to me but he wants £2700 for it.

Hi Chris,
    Just keep your eyes peeled. I live in North Kent and can say they do come up for sale in the south east and quite often as well but it's not the best time of year for buying and selling so not so many on the market at the moment. There is a grey MK1 MR2 (Sad sale) advertised in the cars for sale on this forum at the moment located in Sevenoaks. Not quite your spec but not bad for £900.
    Hope you find something suitable soon

Have mine for £3.5k when i've put the suspension back together