Thread: New member, hopefully new owner

MR2 Newbie

New member, hopefully new owner

Hi everyone

Thought I'd show my face here. If been lurking in the background for a few months umming and ahhing over buying a mk1 to replace my out of favour mk2. I think i have found it now, and seeing as it was here in the classifieds I thought it only right to pay up and support the club.

My mk2 was a turbo conversion, so it's only right the engine will live on in the mk1, but only after iI spend a year enjoying it the way Toyota intended.

Hi Fozzy,

Welcome to the Club!

Looking forward to seeing your Mk1 when you purchase it. They're great fun and it's an excellent time to be buying one! The standard engine is fantastic and huge fun, but when you go down the turbo conversion route, it changes the car totally, makes it a lot more grown up and turns them into a proper weapon. You should find lots of assistance on the turbo conversions here also!

Cheers,
    Tom

Club Chairman

PS: You should have received your welcome E-mail and membership number.

Enjoy the standard engine before you move over to the turbo.

The standard engine inspires confidence, it rewards you to push the car and keep the revs up. The turbo ( or at least mine ) likes to pull your pants down and give you a good seeing to every time you put your foot down. Mine without a LSD pointlessly spins the inside wheel on the exit of slow corners until it bites and gives you a big dollop of snap over steer. Great fun but somewhat goes against the spirit of the MK1s go kart like handling.