Thread: No MR2 as of yet..

MR2 Lurker

No MR2 as of yet..

So I haven't got an MR2 yet.. haven't had one before.. never even thought about having one until about a week ago!

Always been a VW guy but I fancy something totally different! Currently got a few mk2 polos and a 64 Volvo Amazon. None of which are currently on the road and all of which suffer with tin worm..

Keeping my eye out at the moment for an MR2 so if anyone sees anything hit me up!

Cheers

Rob

** Banned User **
    A mate of mine has got a Amazon he plans on Rallying it. He used to have a 122s back in 81 but it was a pig to drive.

Rob, What are you after? Now is a good time to buy as you could probably bag a bargain in the winter months. Are you after something that needs work or a fully restored car? Is this a daily driver or just for sunny days?

MR2 Lurker
    Yeah the Amazon is a bit of a pig haha. Mine is more air than metal though so that probably doesn't help..

I'm looking for a daily driver and definitely not a project. I guess what I'm looking for is something that runs and looks reasonably tidy. I am happy to get something that maybe isn't cosmetically perfect and I could handle some mechanical issues providing they weren't massive, for example a few I have seen are suffering with the 5th gear slipping problem. Read a few tutorials and that doesn't seem like it would be too bad so that sort of thing I could deal with.. I just don't want any more rust in my life! Well.. not so much that it requires surgery anyhow.

I have read that they are pretty reliable and good on fuel for what they are.. and they look cool! Something different as well for me..

Bagging a winter bargain would be fantastic!

Cheers

** Banned User **
    You could get lucky with one but unless you spend a bit on one you are always going to spend money on it just to make it yours and nice. I know of a few for sale ranging from under 1000 to 2500 but obviously the more you pay the better the car

Hi Rob
    I have 3/4 currently available more soon all differing prices ,if you Pm me or send me an email I can send the details over as I am only in Congleton Cheshire, I have ones that need a bit of minor tlc to mint ones
    Regards Paul

MR2 Lurker
    Looking for a car has slowed down significantly in the run up to Christmas.. work and money both being contributing factors haha. Still need to go and see PaulSims2001s epic fleet! In the meantime I seen this.. too cheap to be true? Anyone know the car?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2910387120...84.m1423.l2649

Cheers