Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mk1.5 for sale on PistonHeads

Mk1.5 for sale on PistonHeads

Is this what you're looking for Tommy?
    http://used.ph/1j6FaG3

MR2 Obsessive
    I saw it on Two Brutal when he first put it up for sale Anthony. I am fairly certain my next toy will be a Mercedes SLK or I might just buy a campervan or possibly both, so to answer your question no

What about this? Proper wolf in sheeps clothing: http://www.classicandsportscar.com/c...d_2_top_link_1

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles27 View Post
    What about this? Proper wolf in sheeps clothing: http://www.classicandsportscar.com/c...d_2_top_link_1
    Ruined by the rear light..

This is the one to go for....but you may need to raid the piggy bank jar! I think these look great but this factory build seems hugely overpriced. A woodsport engine though

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...2Ftoyota%2Fmr2

MR2 Obsessive
    Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Ruined by the rear light..
    So the owner of the Carlton changes the rear lights and ruins the car but the owner of the MK1.5 that the thread is about completely changes everything on his car but that is not ruined? To put the Carlton back to original would take 20 minutes, to put the MK1 back to original would take a lot of work and time. Although the first thing would have to be the removal of the Zombie sticker and the silly spoiler but then again I suppose if you own a car you can ruin it as you like

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

MR2 Obsessive
    Quote Originally Posted by coverco View Post
    So the owner of the Carlton changes the rear lights and ruins the car but the owner of the MK1.5 that the thread is about completely changes everything on his car but that is not ruined? To put the Carlton back to original would take 20 minutes, to put the MK1 back to original would take a lot of work and time. Although the first thing would have to be the removal of the Zombie sticker and the silly spoiler but then again I suppose if you own a car you can ruin it as you like
    I think zombie is awesome
    each to their own...

Nik has spent a long time building that, and the quality of the finish really shows
    Joint South East area organiser any questions please ask
    If you make it idiot proof.... they will make a better idiot

MR2 Obsessive
    Each to their own indeed Pete. Personally I think it looks tacky but that is my opinion and giving cars names is at best a bit strange.

My point was really that the Lotus Carlton is an amazing car and to say it has been ruined because the rear lights have been changed is slightly churlish when you look at what has been done to the poor MK1 which this thread is about.

It does amuse me that we can criticise other peoples cars (or in your case my choice of wheels!!) on forums but if it is one of the clique then any criticism is not allowed. Now I have remembered why I am selling my car

I've admired this at JAE several times over the years, if I was in the market for a(nother!) second car I'd be very tempted. A well-built 1.5 is a hell of a machine!