Thread: Back Again!

Back Again!

Orite folks, I have been off the scene for some time now, due to a mixture of working away and getting married I havn't had any time to tinker!

The mr2 has been lying beside the garage for a while now, havn't started her up for about a year, went to her last week, chucked a battery on and all I had was click click and a strong smell of fuel! Fuel pump was chucking out fuel from a rotten banjo in the left side of the engine bay, I'm assuming it keeps on pumping until it aquires a specific pressire in the fuel system? Which it didn't achieve due to the state of the lines!

So I will be needeing a new started and some fuel lines to get her going at least!

She isn't in too bad a state, bodywork wise there is a scabs.

Engine wise, I had rebuilt it after a timing belt failure prior to it going off the road 2 years ago. (Same day the oil pump failed on my l200, was a bad day to say the least!!) Need to get yet another exhaust manifold, will be number 3! Hopefully I will find an aftermarket one from japan or something! Its a pig of a job IIRC!

Brakes are needing to be changed, they are all siezed up. Anyone know the correct size rotors for an 85 car??

Need to get some window regulators, windows stopped working on the pass side.

This was my original thread back in 2009!

http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread.php?5573-Hello

Cheers,

Innes

Fuel pump does not stop unless you switch the ignition off, there is no electrical pressure control on it. You do have a mechanical fuel pressure regulator which varies the fuel return to the tank to maintain the correct pressure.
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

Quote Originally Posted by jimi View Post
    Fuel pump does not stop unless you switch the ignition off, there is no electrical pressure control on it. You do have a mechanical fuel pressure regulator which varies the fuel return to the tank to maintain the correct pressure.
    Noted, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Inneskongsx View Post
    Noted, thank you
    I can easily source a new starter but can't find anything other than engine bay fuel lines, any suggestions?