Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: events for next year

events for next year

hi all nw members and club members in general , now being the new organizer for the nw iv been looking in to great new event for next year and being has we all have a brilliant time at the race track events / car shows i will be entering the club in to car fest north and the gold cup for next year if they will have us ( bill is helping has well as always ) if we get these places we will need members support to put on a good show and turn them in to regular events and these shows will be as good as silver stone . so watch this space members i will try my best to organize a very active calender for 2014 with the help from bill , greame ( lakes and north run guru ) and yourself the members .

ps tommy don't sell your car unless your replace it with a mk1, camp fire stories wont be the same mate they are legendary and entertaining is a understatement .

gary

Nice one Gary. Ill be one of the first names on the list for those 2 events. Keep up the good work mate!

Car Fest North! Now that sounds like a good idea Gary

Will it be a similar set up to Tatton where exhibitors get a pass to the days they show their cars and camping is de rigueur?

Camping has got to be mandatory hasnt it?! I read elsewhere that this year it was something like £60 per exhibitor which personally I would have no issue paying given the charity payments, standard of the cars on show and the bands they get to play there.

IS that £60 all weekend? In which case that's a bargain surely?

I think so mate, but I am going off some unverified info I read on another forum so could be completely wrong!

camping is a must for this event to get the full atmosphere of the show , the only snag is 1 we haven't got in yet and 2 its only one week after silverstone show so if you want to do both shows it will cost around 250 pounds to attend both shows ( tickets , fuel ,food .etc ) but money well spent for 2 major weekends away .

gary

I may need to take those 2 weeks off work

I am happy to lead the Lake District Run (though we should try not to clash with Mothers Day next year) and the North Pennines Run (even though it cancelled this year I drove 75% of the route last weekend and it really is superb). With regard to Tatton I can only do Sundays as I work Saturdays and it causes a major upheaval at work if I have to take a Saturday off during the season. As my car only really gets used for club runs and a few local runs, and I primarily keep it for that purpose, I do not really consider it a show car and such I would rather use it for runs out rather than take it to shows and festivals.

Gary - Let me know what dates you suggest.

Graham

dates for this years runs and shows will be announced this weekend .

gary