Thread: 12 years and back in a Mk1!

MR2 Lurker

12 years and back in a Mk1!

Hi all,

I have just picked up Mk1 T-bar the other day and thought I would see if I can get involved in any events or meets that may be up coming?
    I have owned and run MR2's for around twelve years now. I started with a Mk1 before importing a Mk2 T-bar turbo. I had my turbo for about 5 years and spent a small fortune on it with body and engine modifications! I have owned some Mk2 non turbo's in amongst Skylines, evo's and other turbo cars, I even tried a VX220 but somehow I never got the buzz that I got from my Mk1! So here I am. Just picked up a 1989 "F" reg T-bar finished in white and in need of a little TLC but seems a good solid standard car. Plans for the car include bucket seats, suspension, wide arches, exhaust, wheels and a few subtle engine modifications?
    I live in the Poole area of Dorset and so if there are any like minded enthusiasts in the area then please get in touch.
    If anyone can tell me if there are any meets in or near the area at all then would be keen to get involved.

Thanks all.

Paul

Hi Paul,welcome to the club, sounds like you got some awesome plans for your car! Mike

MR2 Lurker
    I just can't leave any car standard Im afraid. I should have grown up by now but dont think I ever will!! Will get some pictures up soon as the project progresses.