Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One owner MK1b

MR2 Obsessive

One owner MK1b

Just spotted this, it is listed as a campervan

One owner, low miles and with a good polish it looks in the pictures like it would be a nice car.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2...item3a8560c6be

Nice to see a detailed ad, really helps sell a car...

Good spot though, certainly worth a look if anyone's on the hunt!

MR2 Obsessive
    I am guessing the owner is not terribly computer literate, lising it in the motorhome section is a clue

Having said that Ben the following car is described as spotless and has loads of information. If you look at the pictures though there is one of the b-pillar where the interior light switch is........ Now that is not what I would call spotless

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spotless-M...-/221295173829

MR2 Obsessive
    Did anyone else notice the tax disc on the red car is on the drivers side? Do you think it means the car has been used on the continent?

It always amazes me how people use statements like immaculate and mint so freely.
    The number of times you read 'immaculate for age'. How can it be? Either it is immaculate or it isn't. Age has no relevance in the use of the word.

That red car has been advertised in a couple of sites for about 6 months on and off. There used to be more info. Guess the seller has lost interest a bit. Seems like a good buy.

MR2 Obsessive
    Careful Chrys we had a heated debate a while ago about a car being described as "totally original" by the seller

Although if it is totally original then why has it got a big rust spot at the top of the windscreen...... only joking Ben

If I remember correctly I was acused of being racist because I didn't agree with the Irish guys, which is quite funny as I was born in Northern Ireland. Seriously though the only way to buy a car is go and have a look and completely ignore the detail in the advert.

'Condition' and 'originality' are two different things

MR2 Obsessive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    'Condition' and 'originality' are two different things
    Without context I would agree with you Ben, however if you describe a car as "spotless" or "totally original" then you are describing the condition of your car as unmarked or as it was when it was new. In the case of the blue car in the Ebay advert I would say it is marked and in the case of your car I do not believe it had rust at the top of the windscreen when it was new, although if it did then I am wrong and it is totally original

MR2 Obsessive
    i think you have them mixed up there...
    sorry but original would be has everything from the factory not played with..
    and spotless would then point to body work...

and would not go so far to say Big rust spot.. bit harsh bringing Bens car into this isn't it when its someones pride and joy...
    Joint South East area organiser any questions please ask
    If you make it idiot proof.... they will make a better idiot

No friendly fire please people.