Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nice looking grey MK1

MR2 Obsessive

Nice looking grey MK1

I think this looks great, really nice colour. Not a bad price either.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2...item338642076f

It does look nice. It's the third time it has been up for sale by three people in less than a year though.
    First with no MOT, then a backstreet trader who couldn't be bothered to fix the door lock (some may remember) and now this dealer in the same area.

I agree, does look nice though. I like that colour. Has had a spray and would be interested to know what the quality is like.

Quote Originally Posted by coverco View Post
    I think this looks great, really nice colour. Not a bad price either.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2...item338642076f
    I have a feeling I've seen that car in the flesh a few years ago in Scotland. I quite agree Tommy it's a gorgeous colour, one of my two favourite MK1 colours (after Super Red of course) If it's as good as it looks in the pictures then that's an excellent price. Pity I'm at work, I'd be sorely tempted to go and see it withh cash in my pocket
    Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

MR2 Obsessive
    Are you thinking of getting another MK1 Jimi? I have been looking for something a bit different for a while now, so far without success

I missed the nice looking MK1 V6 over on Two Brutal but am always on the lookout, I have even been to see the Karmeleon for sale over in Doncaster that Paul Woods did 10 years ago. It is not bad apart from the fact that I don't actually like the look of the Karmeleon much

Are you thinking of getting another MK1 Jimi? I have been looking for something a bit different for a while now, so far without success
    Is this different enough Tommy?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-MR2...E:B:SS:GB:1120

It's okay, it's had a respray and the doors are sagging. I don't know why people put the no plate on the front bumper as it just makes a mess when you remove it.

MR2 Obsessive
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilles27 View Post
    Where would my tent go Anthony? Also there is no room behind the seats for my chairs, it is a non starter that one mate

MR2 Obsessive
    Quote Originally Posted by superwhite90 View Post
    It's okay, it's had a respray and the doors are sagging.
    We know it has had a respray Alex, how many of us can say their car has not been at least partially resprayed? How do you know the doors are sagging from those pictures? If you are referring to the drivers door line being a bit low when it is closed then that will be because the striker has not been properly set up when it was replaced after the respray. Many drivers doors hinges on MK1's are worn but it is easy to change a hinge and when the door is closed if the striker is set up correctly you can't tell the hinge is worn. I do agree with the number plate positioning but it is not a major problem to reposition it.

Quote Originally Posted by superwhite90 View Post
    I don't know why people put the no plate on the front bumper as it just makes a mess when you remove it.
    I like having my number plate tucked under the bumper because when I go to pay for my petrol at Morrisons I can see that their number-plate recognition camera always gets it wrong. It's nice to know that I could drive off without paying and potentially get away with it!

Where would my tent go Anthony? Also there is no room behind the seats for my chairs, it is a non starter that one mate
    Good points. You'd think Mr Wood would have thought of all that when creating the car? Maybe what you really need is an mr2 with a smaller engine - it could go in the front. You could then extend the roof and have proper back seats!