Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The mk1a's are comi g out of the woodwork!

The red mk1a is a bit expensive, looks good though - good find! You must spend a long time looking for mk1s lol

Yes it does look nice!

Yes...too much time! I have a look on the same few sites once or twice a day...just in case. Been doing that for about 18 months and still no luck! Can you beleive it!

** Banned User **
    In my opinion mk1a@s are in better condition than the b, mainly due to the lack of side skirts. How many mk1a's do you see with solid sills or sills that at some point haven't been replaced, not many. Whereas there are lots of rust free mk1a's and they look nicer

Quote Originally Posted by cabbydave View Post
    In my opinion mk1a@s are in better condition than the b, mainly due to the lack of side skirts. How many mk1a's do you see with solid sills or sills that at some point haven't been replaced, not many. Whereas there are lots of rust free mk1a's and they look nicer
    +1

MR2 Fan
    i think the 1a's look better but the interior isn't as nice, smaller brakes, smaller clutch... swings and roundabouts I guess. Dont they have a higher redline and a lower t-vis open point due to different ecu?

main thing that puts me off mk1a are interior not as nice in my oppinion

Quote Originally Posted by IanC View Post
    i think the 1a's look better but the interior isn't as nice, smaller brakes, smaller clutch... swings and roundabouts I guess. Dont they have a higher redline and a lower t-vis open point due to different ecu?

main thing that puts me off mk1a are interior not as nice in my opinion
    Wait til you see my 1a interior on sunday... it'll change your mind

Yeah 1a's have a slightly lower tvis open point, different ECU and different injectors meaning they are a bit more aggressive than a 1b. Not sure if the redline is different, aswell as the brakes & clutch they also have different gearbox, suspension & induction setup.

Ooh. What are you doing to the interior Kris? Yours is already one of the best interiors I have seen.

MR2 Fan
    yea now that sounds more like it, extra aggression is always welcome.

If I found a solid 1a first it would not have stopped me buying it, but i already had a decent double din stereo I want to fit, so mk1b made more sense lol.

Will be the longest trip for mine on Sunday, I hope it gets there!

i do have a soft spot for the A , the interior has a raw retro feel and seats are better than the b and a lot more sporty , the A is also faster and lighter than the B but i do prefer the look of the B on the outside it looks finished off with the kit .