Name:	DSCF1675.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	1104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1676.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	1105

Don't think of it as a missing seat - call it increased luggage capacity!

Good luck!

loving that one

there's just about enough space for my dog to lie down in now - had to build up the floor either side of the lateral support beam first and then i put a XXXl dog bed in there

also now the rain has washed her properly for me she looks half decent lol

thanks
    Last edited by snowflake; 12th September 2013 at 03:07 PM.

So how many times did you have the block and head skimmed? And how much material has been taken off...

i've had it skimmed twice by local engine machine shop - how much taken off next to nothing, if what i saw is anything to by i mean 1000ths, it's flatter than a flat thing.

if the receipts that i've got are to be believed (and i'm not sure that they are) then it was supposed to have been done once before i had it done, but it looked like it hadn't been done when i took them apart --- cost the guy who had it before me £800+ to get it done.......... certainly wasn't pressure tested cos we got zero pressure out of it after skimming first time - second skim was cos of oil blowing out of 3 and 4 but no problems since - the other hg changes were part of the belt and braces approach i took to it and yet the cooling system still plays up don't know why......... it starts overheating then just goes beyond the red and stays there and cos of that everything got stripped and put back together.

the problems are nothing to do with the head or the block they're fine totally sorted it's the cooling system that's playing up and i've not found a solution - thought i had when i unblocked the pipework going into the block and replacing various other pipes but she just keeps going ping............ not a lot anyone can do about apart from rip it all out and start again - summat i've already done in various stages.

i've not actually driven this with any amount of conviction - it goes through corners like it's on rails, all the lumps, bumps etc.... in the road can be felt through the wheel and everything is as it should be.
    Last edited by snowflake; 12th September 2013 at 03:22 PM.

Sorry, maybe i'm misunderstanding (its been a long day), but, are you selling this with coolant issues?

Hi Donna,

I've moved the posts to here from the "What have you done with your MR2 today?" thread to keep it clean.

Please try and do the same!

MR2 Fan
    So just to clarify, major cooling issues, possible engine internals damage, no passenger seat, rust, and a mouse living in the front wheel arch! And an asking price north of £1500? Wow this is good news for my car! Must be worth about 5 grand!

Good luck with the sale. I hope someone buys it as a project to restore and doesn't go to the scrappy, but I think maybe the price needs to be adjusted to be sold as a going concern!

engine in mint condition

cooling issues --- offers are already on the table even with them. it only overheats when it's on cam - like i said when it's off cam there's no problem don't know why.......

the mouse issue - i don't have a problem with cos it drives like it's on rails and it's only over very rough surfaces that you actually get to hear it --- oh i forgot to add that there's a spider living in the boot with a leg span of about 1.5inches -- he's friendly enough though and keeps my car free from insects

the rust is just surface and has had some of that rust converting stuff on it.

price is what scrappy said he'd give for it. nextdoors suggested that i keep it as a dog kennel lol ...............
    Last edited by snowflake; 12th September 2013 at 08:30 PM.

MR2 Fan
    I want to know where you can scrap it for £1500 as I'm scrapping mine soon!