Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1986 mr2 mk1a, 81k, tax and test

1986 mr2 mk1a, 81k, tax and test

am snowball and cos i can't get my usual login stuff to fly so am doing things this way --- tried using the code that you sent last time Tom and it wouldn't let me in......

so here goes :-

i've had a nightmare 3 months with my mk1a --- started off as a simple hg failure, which turned into a full cooling system failure and more hg failures and more electrical problems............

so it's with a heavy heart that i'm going to let her go to a new home/breakers yard/scrappy in the sky..........

she's a 1986 mr2mk1a, she's done 81,572 miles, she has tax till 31/01/14 and test till 12/04/14.

she has 4 decent tyres on alloys. she's a single seater with the bolts in place to mount a 2nd seat and belt (ask my local council what they've done with my other seat cos i left it next to my car whilst doing some work on it and from what the lady next door said they took it)

she has 3 keys, electric mirrors, 1980's stereo - still works - dash works (cig lighter went and blew the whole dash). cord ridged carpet with a hald cord, half suede seat -- both stunning no holes wear marks etc.... -- paint good all round except where it meets bodykit, bit on the near side arch and bottom of pillars - all surface.

engine runs fine at 1050rpm - anything less and it'll just stutter and cut out, gearbox is good but requires double clutching from 1st into second - don't know why cos cos i've had it out and it's all sorted in there. TVIS kicks in at 3300rpm.

this has had --- recon rad, new matrix, new pipes, new hg, new studs, new rad cap, new water pump, new thermastat. this car comes with a spare hg, spare belt, tensioner, water pump. dash fully sorted (last person that had it left live wires in the drivers footwell)

the reason that i've decided to call it quits and go and buy the mk1b i'm looking at is that i've done that much to this one that i've got no love for it at all - it just reminds me of more work everytime i see it. for me it's fine as an ornament but nothing else cos everytime i drove it i encountered more problems so i don't want to drive it.

currently sat outside my house.............

open to offers north of 1500 notes........ it can stay where it is or i can scrap it for that price.

Not sure what you were doing wrong Donna. I've switched your membership over to this account for you though.

Some pictures would help your advert.

MR2 Obsessive
    Good luck with the sale.

I must admit to spilling my coffee though when I read the bit about your passenger seat, comedy gold

Hi again Snoball. Quick question, on twobrutal you say it's had "6 new HG's plus arp studs everytime". What condition is the head in now?

Cheers

MR2 Fan
    hiya - the heads totally sorted - flatter than a flat thing, no leaks nothing, pressure tested perfect - it's the cooling system that got the problems and the knock on effect of that is the hg goes.

i couldn't believe it when sally (lady nextdoor) told me what they'd done --- i park it in a residential courtyard when it's not on the road in front of my house and cos the dash was out and i needed space to move around in there i took the seat out and this council has a big thing about keeping the back alleys, courtyards etc..... clean so yup they took it............
    Last edited by snoball; 12th September 2013 at 08:22 AM.

snoball/snowflake... which user account do you want your club membership tied to?

use snowflake seeing as this is what i've logged in with please Tom

many thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1663.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	1091Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1666.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	1092

would've helped a bit more if i'd actually read the dialogue box properly - doh

will take some more later - gotta find some batteries lol

Snowflake - you have changed the HG 6 times?! - after the 2nd I would have started to investigate other causes. Engine swap would have been so much easier.

The TVIS kicks in at 3300 - i don't believe you- it either doesn't work at all or you have modified the ecu, which isn't very easy to change when it comes in. It should come in at 4500 depending what ECU you have