Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Here!

MR2 Lurker

Newbie Here!

Hi Guys and Girls,

I am new to the MR2 club, just joined. I have a MR2 MK1 86 non T-Bar and in the process of getting it read to track.

This is my first MR2 i have owned so it's all very very new to me so i apologise in advance if I ask any stupid questions!

So the first stupid question I have to ask is: Will the front and rear Anti Roll Bars to fit a MR2 MK1 87 fit my MK1 86 non tbar?

Thanks
    Rich

MR2 Obsessive
    Hi and welcome Rich. I believe the anti roll bars were the same throughout the production run of the AW11 but I would not be 100% sure. I know people who track their cars often use MK2 ARB's or other aftermarket ones with a thicker circumference. Do a quick search and see what comes up

Welcome to the club.

Hi welcome.

What part of essex you from?? Lots of us close by!!

Any don't worry about asking "stupid" questions...we have all been there. Your knowledge soon builds!!

Hi and Welcome

Stupid questions are very welcome, as it's stupid not asking questions

Mine is almost finished now so myself and Matt would be up for a meet

The mk2 turbo 18mm rear bar fits with using the front ARB brackets from the mk1 (hard to find in good nick, expensive to buy from Toyota, I had mine made).

I purchased some mk3/mk4 fiesta drop links to replace my old ones as they were knackered anyway. I don't think the standard drop links will fit the mk2 roll bar.

If yours is a late mk1a, I can't remember if the mk1a's had a rear bar, so if yours hasn't, you'll have to retro fit the rear bar but drilling and tapping some holes.

Welcome to the club Rich.

MR2 Lurker
    Hi All,

Thanks for the welcomes and answers.

I am in Tipotree Essex, so not to far away from most of you. Sadly the car will not be a road going car and is going to be used for tracking only. Always up for meets etc and to get a better feel of anything MR2.

Thanks,
    Rich

MR2 Obsessive
    If you need some coilovers I am selling some D2's, they are designed for track use

Agreed with Tommy...the D2s would be perfect if you're having it as a track day car!!

MR2 Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by superwhite90 View Post
    Hi and Welcome

Stupid questions are very welcome, as it's stupid not asking questions

Mine is almost finished now so myself and Matt would be up for a meet

The mk2 turbo 18mm rear bar fits with using the front ARB brackets from the mk1 (hard to find in good nick, expensive to buy from Toyota, I had mine made).

I purchased some mk3/mk4 fiesta drop links to replace my old ones as they were knackered anyway. I don't think the standard drop links will fit the mk2 roll bar.

If yours is a late mk1a, I can't remember if the mk1a's had a rear bar, so if yours hasn't, you'll have to retro fit the rear bar but drilling and tapping some holes.
    I'm gathering parts to do this on my SC, do you have a link to the droplinks you bought and what length were they? You didn't have to adjust them did you?