Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbo Mk1 for sale

Turbo Mk1 for sale

Nothing to do with me but found this in Pistonheads.
    Looks real interesting for anyone who fancies taking a shortcut (not bothering to turbo their own car but buy an existing turbo).
    250hp in a lightweight Mk1 body will be interesting

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...-1989/1618641#

MR2 Obsessive
    Looks very nice indeed. I would have thought this would have been on Twobrutal but it is not. Seems very reasonably priced assuming it is as good as it looks

** Banned User **
    Wonder why hes got the charge cooler water pump so high when theres a mounting point on the gearbox that would also stop the pipe from kinking. Good price though

Club Technical Advisor
    These always get associated with me, just letting it be known I didn't build that one, pipes and wires everywhere .

I think its obvious its not a woodsport but I did contact the guy through ph over the w/end as he says it has been maintained by a respected trd engineer called ian.
    as you say its a decent price but if you've seen a woodsport its hard to see another conversion in the same light(have I just over arsed kissed?).
    Does anyone on here know of this car & who done the build?

MR2 Fan
    looks a little bit bodger and badger in the engine bay but rest of the car looks good and I am sure it could be tidied up. Would have gone for a look if I didn't already have mine, which I hope to swap to 3sgte in the future.

MR2 Obsessive
    good price.. but that engine bay needs some serious tidying
    Joint South East area organiser any questions please ask
    If you make it idiot proof.... they will make a better idiot

i thought it'd be on TB but then i saw that bay and if you've ever seen a TB build thread you'd soon know it's not a TB build

this is more or less how the EJ20 turbo i was planning would've ended up looking..........

MR2 Fan
    Didn't realise they were worth that much nowadays. Mighty find a box and shafts for mine, throw the rev 2 lump back in and sell complete.

Like everything else in this life, something is only worth what somebody is prepared to pay you for it, he may want £3.5K doesn't mean in these hard times he's going to get it, but good luck to him if he does.

Alan...