Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Edition Recaro Seats

Super Edition Recaro Seats

I believe (if my memory serves me correctly) that these are exactly the same as the Super Edition seats.

Not sure if runners will need to be changed?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-HIL...item19e074f854

Well spotted! Yes, they look the same to me

I have a set in storage, yes the runners need swapped

Cool! Lets hope they are of help to someone.

Out of interest Ben, what are they like comfort wise?
    I have owned over 80 cars in my time and I have NEVER found a car more comfortable (including my loaded air suspensioned Jag XJ, top of the range 5 series or even the incredibly comfy volvo XC 70) than the MK1 MR2. The seats are a fantastic and for some reason the car fits me just right. Are the recaros as good?

They're very different to the standard Mk1 seats to be honest, and I wasn't that taken with them at first. They're a lot thinner and firmer, padding-wise, but they're a lot more figure-hugging as well.

Having taken the car on a 1500 mile European trip, through, I really came to like them. They're supportive in all the right places for long trips, and the thinner firmer padding means you get a lot more feeling through your arse as to what the back end of the car's doing. I drive a standard Mk1 a little while ago and the seats felt so cumbersome and squishy in comparison - you sit lower down with the Recaros as well!

I'm not sure I'd drop £250 on them myself, but I'm glad I have them

I hear what you are saying Ben. It is a lot of money but thought i would post just in case.

Great car you have. I was tempted by it myself and had i have known they would have taken what you paid, i would have snapped it up! Amazing deal

Good luck with it mate.

Thanks!

If it helps, I’ve spent the same amount again on getting the servicing up to date and I’ve still got more to sort before I’m totally happy. There’s a nice rust patch that will be attacked this winter, plus a few other bits and pieces that need tidying. All in good time

All in good time indeed. Cars are never a cheap hobby eh. Last year i spent 2k just putting my spit back on the road. It was nut and bolt restored, then used for under 1000 miles before storage for 8 years...You would think you would not have to do much but old cars need to be driven!

The rust patch was the only thing that looked of concern.

I think i am just going to take the plunge and buy one soon....looks like i will be waiting forever for a sky blue one.

If I had the money I'd buy em just to be different!

I was bidding up to £120 for a pair of rare retractable SC mirrors last week...

worth an offer i rekon. I dont think he will have much luck selling it as a whole interior so worth a try?