Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FOR SALE DUE TO BEREAVEMENT: STUNNING 1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1 T-Bar, 87,000 miles,

I had a brand new one as a kid and am mega fussy. Rust scabs give me sleepless nights. From 10 feet away it looks mint and would look the same if you took new pics today. What I mean is pics make it look a bit better than it is. I'm after a "like new" one and this one isn't. But then it was only £2500. It drives amazing and is like a small version of my 348. I will be waxoyling it so will see what else I find. Might just be the doors. Have also bought orginal seats for it, T-Bar blinds, new side seals.

Hey I'll post it here first Kekkers. Shame the original owners didn't renew the Waxoyl. Am guessing they did it once and thought it wouldn't need doing again. I'll take a load of high resolution pics so you can see the things that bug me. Overall it is a great car. But I want a 10/10

I'd even go as far as saying it was over priced.

My mate converted his mk1a n/a to SC, one of only 3-4 conversions done in the country and his was pretty immaculate, a few scuffs here and there, but no rust and sold it for £2500

But then that was about 3 years ago, so could have sold it for £3000 now possibly.

Gives me a good indication though as next year I may be selling mine, with brand new rear arches, fully rebuilt and heavily modified engine

I'd happily pay £10K for a 10K mile one

Has anybody else got scabby door sills? Just wondering how common it is. She will be getting drowned in Dinitrol later today

Okay here's some pics. She isn't a shed The roof pic is an example of things that disappoint - resprayed without removing the rubbers

Quote Originally Posted by Domster View Post
    I'd happily pay £10K for a 10K mile one
    Are you after a minter to keep in your garage and not to use on rainy days?

I bought my immaculate mk1b 6 years ago with 64k FSH and 2 owners before me for £1700

For £2500 i'd except no scabs - waxoyl doesn't remove the scabbing i'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by superwhite90 View Post
    Are you after a minter to keep in your garage and not to use on rainy days?

I bought my immaculate mk1b 6 years ago with 64k FSH and 2 owners before me for £1700

For £2500 i'd except no scabs - waxoyl doesn't remove the scabbing i'm afraid.
    Yep pretty much. 2K miles a year max. Prices are definitely on the up and rightly so. Your white one sounds great. White looks fab at night doesn't it but I already have a white classic. Driving this car home was an eye opener - I'd forgotten how amazing they are to drive. How many miles have you done in 6 years? Have you kept her mint?
    All the scabs on the door are now gone and it is now Dinitrol'd to the max ... I've sculptured the filler so that it looks like a door and not window putty

This looks like a steal but I prefer the "B"
    http://www.johnfordemotors.net/used-...01326520623854

I will be doing 2k miles a year, but due to having another car and not being able to justify £80 a week in fuel as mine I imagine will only be doing 25mpg -

I don't believe in people paying silly money for cars if they aren't going to be driven properly. Its unbecoming of an mr2 fan in my opinion as these cars were made to be driven hard to the redline round corners - not sitting in someone's garage never been used.

I've covered 131k in 6 years, been through 3 engines, 2 gearboxes, 4 clutches and some bodywork - wouldn't get that same experience sitting in a garage, knocking one out over how good the car looks.