Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FOR SALE DUE TO BEREAVEMENT: STUNNING 1989 Toyota MR2 Mk1 T-Bar, 87,000 miles,

PS You can have it for the same price if you want it ... just as soon as I find the right one.

MR2 Newbie
    I've got a mint example that I may let go if the money was right. it's on youtube if you search Toyota mr2 mk1b t-bar restoration.

Thanks Clarky yours sure looks fine but I really want an immaculate FSH unrestored one with 50K miles or less. One will turn up. Eventually. Doesn't have to be a T Bar.

MR2 Newbie
    have you seen this one on gumtree -
    http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...#photo-content

Quote Originally Posted by emrrtwo View Post
    have you seen this one on gumtree -
    http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...#photo-content
    Yep but no reply, but then I noticed the missing decals at the front. Probably accident damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Domster View Post
    PS You can have it for the same price if you want it ... just as soon as I find the right one.
    Cheers Domster.. Third time lucky for me with this car..

How much is the right money for yours Clarky??

MR2 Obsessive
    Something about this advert strikes me as very wrong. The pictures are of the car when it was sold a couple of years ago, we are told by the buyer it is now in much poorer condition. Did you buy the car from the widow Gwen and if you did who told kekkers that he could have it prompting him to book his flights from bonny Scotland?

I don't know how much you paid for the car but it was advertised at £2595 which is the sort of price you would expect to pay for a car with no obvious signs of rust. I have recently been on the receiving end of someone giving back word and it is not very pleasant, however I had not had to book flights. It does seem wrong though using old photos to sell a car especially if the person buying has to travel a long way to find out that the car is not as described. I was also a bit surprised when the rider of no questions should be asked of the seller was added to the advert, it appears that questions needed to be asked, even a non mechanical person would know what rust looks like

I wouldn't want to buy it for the same price if it's in worse condition than listed.

I spoke to Gwen on the Sunday, I take it domster spoke to her afterwards.. Quite happy I missed out now if its not in all that great condition.. Saved me a long drive back home also... I've been looking for ages now for the right one to come along. Red t-bar with leather.. I missed out on that car the first time around when Alan bought it also.. If anyone has what im looking for then let us know.. Domster, still keep me in mind when your re-selling tho. Cheers..

Sounds like it did you a favour mate - there is nothing worse than travelling a long way to end up disappointed! You should always have a look at the car, never trust someone else (unless you know them).