Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looks like good value

the silver car would be a very good project and make a very nice car but it will need a full repaint , it looks gray due to major lacquer peel and looks like its down to its base coat color , also its rusted above the bumper edge on the back quarter . has tommy says there is no profit in these cars at current prices if they are resorted properly eg full repaints and major body work ,are they worth saving 100% yes for the enjoyment of driving them and the uniqueness of owning one . i would budget 800 pounds for this car min for paint , body panels ,tyres and sundries to bring the car up to standard and for some one else to sort the car it will be well over 2000 for a proper job , there's no such thing has a cheap mk1 if you have to restore it .

Yes I figured as much Gary.
    I'm not actually looking for a cheap one.....I'm looking for a good one. I have been considering getting one that needs work and having it done though.
    I restored my old spit ad have worked on cars all my life....unfortunately I just don't get the time any more.
    I think the silver one could make a nice carif someone was willing to do it. Silver t-bars look nice.