Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi mr2 newby

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forums!

I'm from Beverley originally and go back at least once a month, so may see you around! I'm currently working and living over in Sheffield.

Looks like you've got yourself a good Mk1 with nice mileage and I look forward to reading more about it.

To join up, simply click Upgrade Membership at the top of the screen and choose one of the Paid Subscriptions. It'll then take you through to pay by PayPal. If you'd like to pay by another method, please let me know and I'll give you the details.

Cheers!
    Tom

Club Chairman, Webmaster and Vice-Membership Secretary

MR2 Newbie
    Thanks Pete it actually looks better in the pic than it does for real but it is a good base cant wait to crack on with it.Thank you for the welcome Tom ill defo be joining up the clubs a credit to you all looks very goog.Im actually in a village just out side of Withernsea about 3/4 of a hr from Beverly will have to pop through some day.Cheers Matt

MR2 Fan
    Haha! Mine is exactly the same, Matt. She looks especially good in grainy black & white photos.

If you do start finding a little more, and then a little more, and then a little more that needs tweaking, chances are you've become smitten and just can's bear to see her looking shabby. Or, well she is a quarter of a century old so some attention is always going to be appreciated and once you start...

You say this is your first MK1 but you've come from a significantly sportier car than me, and you're impressed! Imagine what it's like for somebody who thought their 2ltr TD Renault Megane CC was sporty.
    Last edited by PeteP; 9th June 2013 at 06:47 AM.

MR2 Newbie
    I like the fact that there will always be a job to do on it with it been a old car didnt have that with the gto just a load of technical stress and expensive to run and maintain

Quote Originally Posted by mrchoo View Post
    Thanks Pete it actually looks better in the pic than it does for real but it is a good base cant wait to crack on with it.Thank you for the welcome Tom ill defo be joining up the clubs a credit to you all looks very goog.Im actually in a village just out side of Withernsea about 3/4 of a hr from Beverly will have to pop through some day.Cheers Matt
    Hi and welcome: I'm from Cottingham originally, now Leeds. Good to see some East Yorkshire folk in the club!

MR2 Newbie
    Thanks Howard people seem to be escaping this part of yorkshire lol

MR2 Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteP View Post
    Oh no! Not what I needed: another white Mk1b T-bar to show up my little "Jolly", her drab attire and state of ruin.

Looks like you've got a good starting point, Matt.
    Sorry Pete we also have a white t top n/a mines not very good when inspected in depth, lost my rose tinting specs. still great fun to drive. ive had many cars sports /american /rally and race all still not patch on my mr.