Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The cleanest MR2 i have seen in a while!!

The cleanest MR2 i have seen in a while!!

Looks very tidy & needs to at £5k!

MR2 Fan
    ad said it's got a small dent in it - i'd be wanting that removed and a proper look for other undeclared damage --- still too much at 5k tho.............

MR2 Obsessive
    "Looks like it did when it left the factory 23 years ago" I don't think they came with polished alloys in the UK

That dent looks quite nasty as well, I wonder what photographic evidence of work carried out means?

Nice looking car but think the price is optimistic.
    Last edited by coverco; 20th May 2013 at 06:23 PM.

Yeah lovely car I think, 5ks alot.... still gotta be better than 8 and an 'alf! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2...item1c31f4a646

** Banned User **
    Tail pipes are twisted as well

MR2 Fan
    Looks like two cracked number plates, passenger side sill/spoiler seal is damaged, twisted tailpipes, hideous pedals, and although the polished wheels are nice, bright red locking wheel nut cover ruins the look.

Very, very clean, but without an absolutely flawless body it just looks polished for show. That rear quarter panel isn't a simple fix and even if I thought it was worth £5k, I'd be looking for it sorted first or money off.

I WISH mint condition MK1s were worth that much. If they were, I bet a lot of us would keep ours in better condition.

Never trust a clean engine.

I hate to nitpick, but at that money that's what you should expect.
    Last edited by PeteP; 20th May 2013 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteP View Post
    Never trust a clean engine.

Why not ? mine is as clean if not cleaner than that and I trust it implicitly My engine gets regularly serviced and kept clean, I've had the car 9 years and the engine has never let me down !

Black is not a colour ! .... Its the absence of colour

I have learnt that you can never trust any 'stanger' engine (clean or gritty looking) judging from some of my dads classic car stories and the fact that when me and my dad bought the black MK1'a with an apparent '40k miles imported 4AGE' back in 2008 the engine pretty much blew up 30 miles down the road on the way home! The engine bay was clean and it sounded fine when the sale was completed and the cam covers were painted up nice etc you can just never know We put in a spare 4AGE when we got it home and it worked so glad ive still got her though, shes run great for a few years now (touch wood!)

Price is now dropped to £4k and i've just realised this is the car owned by the guy that's done the MR2 buyers guide on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6MrX6ZZdv0 (there are 3 vids in total)

Check it out...very clean car. Proves that the asking price isn't so ridiculous.