Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: i always wanted one :)

MR2 Fan
    pete

the induction kit was horrible and she's worth more in her original state but don't worry though cos i got plans for a k&n unit to go in there

as for the wheels the spare wheel is a totally original one so when he said he'd got a set of the original wheels i asked him to swap them over so they're all the same they'll also be coming off in favour of a setof rota drift series ones

as for the engine bay lol it's mint but to get yours like this i'm suspecting you'd have to drop the motor and then get the squeegy out

remember pete - SHE's JUST A GLORIFIED GO KART
    Last edited by snoball; 15th May 2013 at 11:22 AM.

MR2 Fan
    i want one of Woody's haslbeck bodykits for her too that kit is just sooooo sweet

MR2 Fan
    That kit is nice - and I hate body kits.

As long as you're getting some sort of induction kit. I assumed you meant that you didn't like them full stop. It seemed odd coming from somebody who's been used to Scoobydoos.

MR2 Fan
    induction kits, iridium plugs, magnecor ht leads, and a suitably rustic sounding back box are all compulsary items for any of my cars lol

the kit that was in just looked manky as hell plus it means that if i ever come to sell her then the original parts are there for the new owner which means i can ask more for her

Rinzler
    Hiya snoball!, sorry for the late welcome, but welcome aboard! such a nice car you got there!. I've only just caught a few pics there of that Haslbeck bodykit and have to agree it's some piece of kit!.

MR2 Fan
    i have to agree rinzler - it is seriously sweeeeet isn't it

Rinzler
    Totally!. Have to say the two tone paint is always a favourite. So what's the master plan for yours then?, sorry if I missed any comments in previous posts as to what all you have in store for the car. Think the kit fairly gives the MR2 an aggressive look, something Mad Max would drool over!.

MR2 Fan
    ok rinzler here's what's planned short version i hate the two tone paint job as it is...........

polybushes, BC br coilovers, whiteline anti roll bars and drop links
    see the thread "am gunna get" - for the rims
    gloss black full bare metal paintjob
    haslbeck body kit
    kelsport roll cage
    omp carbon bucket seat, omp 6 point harness
    omp gp steering wheel and omp boss
    magnecor leads, iridium plugs, k&n induction kit, mongoose exhaust system, fidanza alloy cam wheels/crank wheel/water pump wheel and race belts, cat cams stage 2 cams, full strip and rebuild motor (kitchen floor job for me) clear cam pulley/crank pulley cover, race spec gel battery, shot blast motor.

in a nutshell it's a huge job - project budget 10/12k ...............
    Last edited by snoball; 16th May 2013 at 08:42 PM.

hi .sounds a interesting project ,if it was me though i dump the 4age has to get any decent power it costs a fortune and reliability takes a dive , better alternatives are the t sport vvti 190 bhp , turbo 2l 240 bhp and the v6 either the 3l or the 3.5l paul is now supplying , and with the right set up and engine the mk1 turns in to a 911 killer and very scary fast

MR2 Fan
    gary like your thinking

i sort of like the feel and the way the little 4AGE pulls am not after serious bhp increases just doing some minor mods to it - to make it mine, i know sounds a bit mad but at the moment to me it feels as though it still belongs to someone else. the cam pulleys and stuff are going to be colour matched to the ht leads cos they're 8mm blue ones so the pulleys had to be blue as well and the rocker covers are going to be black with the lettering done in pink to match the rims am also debating putting a colour matched pink stripe down the centre of her but not sure yet.

time frame - with the way work is at the mo it's gunna take a while to get her the way i want her to be

plus she's my daily driver so every mod has to be done a day at a time on my days off
    Last edited by snoball; 17th May 2013 at 11:18 AM.