Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: i always wanted one :)

Quote Originally Posted by snoball View Post
    can you tell me anymore about her history ????? cos am very interested to know where she's been and what she's done and stuff
    Sorry unfortunately dont know much more than that, I think its one of Garys old ones - but he had it & sold it before I joined up so I only recognise it from a few old photos on this thread http://www.mr2mk1club.com/showthread...Camping)/page4 - Im sure he will be along shortly with any info he has got on it

Hopefully we will get to see you at one of the meets or shows this year, you are in the best region, there is always something MR2 going on

Kris

MR2 Fan
    thankyou kris for the picture evidence

she's looking stunning there

** Banned User **
    Nice car its got the m1a front bumper and lower lip I'm sure you will love it.

MR2 Fan
    had 2 "test" drives and it's seriously sweeeet

all the paperwork from the dvla says that it's a MK1a so gotta go with what it says and also all the original parts are there - it's just had a clutch change and the guy that changed it said that he thought the one he took out was the original one i had a good look in the engine bay and it's spotless

the only thing that's "wrong" is cosmetic a few minor rust spots and a bit of blistering to the paintwork but hell she's 27yrs old and i know that am only 10yrs older than her and am no oil painting lol so a new coat of paint gunna keep it two tone but prolly go with white over black cos the black'll match the seats and carpets and i'll put some white rims on her for contrast
    Last edited by snoball; 13th May 2013 at 07:10 PM.

MR2 Fan
    That's a seriously nice looking car! I'm not at all with envy.

I'm not a big fan of the sunroof or two-tone (don't hold that against me) but I'd happily compromise on those for such a tidy example.

MR2 Fan
    she is a real beauty and to think i found it whilst hunting for a MKIII soft top lol MK1's were never in my original gameplan idea was to take a MK3 and mod it to hell then i found "dorothy" and now it's like well i gotta keep it sort of standard cos she's a very classy lady plus i've always loved the classic lines but it was actually that first test drive that sold her to me and now that's it - she'll prolly be the only car i'll ever own from now on in lol

am glad you think her worthy of such high praise now but just wait until after i give her some new clothes and new pair of shoes

it looks like my old car is in good hands again , the mileage is 100% correct and that would have been its first clutch . the 2 tone colour is original so personally i wouldn't go the black over white paint job ,besides white over gun metal are quite rare now . welcome to the club and hope to see you at some of the events , pics of the car when i sold it 4 years ago .

gary

MR2 Obsessive
    Gary, why fit a Jimi bracket and not connect it up?

MR2 Fan
    Hi gary

so it was you that put that shocking max power induction kit on her ?????

the guy that i'm getting her from has thrown it out and put an original mk1a airbox back in there also who put the cc+ rims on her ????? they look like they're straight off a 1990's MX5........ again the guy that i'm getting her off has sourced a set of original mk1a rims that he's gunna put on her for me in place of the cc+ ones

the engine bay is still as clean as it was in your pics

on the milage the mot's say that she's not done more than 4,000 miles in the last 4 years so whoever got her from you either got scared or just wanted to sit staring at in the shed lol

the seat, the carpets, the plastics - everything about says that it's not been anywhere really and certainly not for any period of time either till now..........

other point she'll be well looked after might not look the same when i've finished but hell i won't be letting her start rusting at any point. the paintwork has got some small blisters in it and some of the fastners have created rust spots so they're gunna have to go...........

thankyou for the pictures - it'll help a lot when comes to the respray and it's gunna have to be a full body bare metal one which is why i'm thinking of changing the colour scheme slightly........
    Last edited by snoball; 14th May 2013 at 06:41 PM.

MR2 Fan
    You're getting rid of the induction kit? The wheels, I can understand; I'm not a big fan of the three point MK1a wheels but I dislike modern alloys even more. If you're not looking to put fancy boots on, then original wheels make total sense. If she was with me though, she'd be getting pepperpots - and damn originality!

That engine bay looks gorgeous and is tempting me to get the cleaning box out.